No Route Found

Hi there, I'm new to the forums and was hoping someone could offer me a solution to my problem.

I have a TT One 3rd edition, everything seems to function correctly, I've updated it through TT home, it gets reception from the satellites but the only thing is it won't find any route at all. I've used the postcodes, tried entering the names of cities to try to get it to work but it won't.

I have a friend who had the same problem but with a TT go 730, he was saying something about re-flashing the device or changing a configuration file???? I am completely oblivious to the fault and would really appreciate it if someone could reply with some assistance.

Thanks.

You have the latest application for the unit that there is? What version of the map do you have?

One reason for that message happens if, under planning preferences, you set such restrictions that it is not possible for a proper selection of roads to be made. For example (this is extreme, so just an example)..let's say you live in such a location such that you MUST take a toll road to get anywhere. Yet, you've set a restriction to always avoid toll roads. You'll never get a route established.

Another example, TomTom lets you set a location for Home off road because it takes the lat/long coordinates when it saves the location. BUT, TomTom will never route you anywhere because there is no mapable road it can select from your 'Home' location to the first mapable location it has in it's map database.

So, look for problems like that..............

I have tried most things I can think of on TTH and just on the device.

All it says is "No Route Planned" and "No Route Found" when I try to search for anything on the TT. :(

I have tried most things I can think of on TTH and just on the device.
All it says is "No Route Planned" and "No Route Found" when I try to search for anything on the TT.
How about giving an exact step by step report of how you are trying to plan a route, starting with Navigate to

Ok,

Navigate to > Recent destination/Address > Type in a postcode/street name/city or select any destination > analyses the roads (takes a unusually long time to complete this task) > No route found (the only time this is exempt is when i select my home destination which works.)

You misunderstand what Arno is saying........

First of all, what exactly are your selections under Preferences-->Planning??

Next, what application and map version do you have? (tap the satellite bars to see the application version installed. Tap the version number to see the map installed and its version)

Your being located in the UK means only those of us with Western_Europe maps can try to replicate the issue.

Your saying navigate to 'recent destination' isn't helpful if those of us with your map don't know the start/end point.

The fact that you say it works sometimes still leads me to think you've got too severe restrictions in planning preferences. But we'll know better when you report back.

Navigate to > Recent destination/Address > Type in a postcode/street name/city or select any destination >
That is not possible on my 930. If I select Recent destination that is it. Finished, nothing else can be entered as it uses all that information from the recent destination as the new Navigate to address.

I order for me to help I must know the exact steps you are making.
I suggest you open HOME and Operate my devicee.
Then click Reply in this thread and alternate between posting and HOME, typing here every single tap (rather click on the computer) you made in HOME.
That sounds like a pain in the neck but this is the only way I can make sure that I am doing exactly the same as you when we are trying to get to the bottom of the problem.

Where are you located when you get these fails as the only time I have seen this sort of behaviour is when sat off the road map in a car park or on private land that isn't on the map, this causes the device to plan a route starting from the destination working back to your current location (GPS fed), when the device finds no roads to get to your current location it will throw an error - Mike

Im getting the same error

Brand new XL live bought yesterday with latest maps and up to date according to tomtom home.

I want to plan a route from Calais to Combloux but it goes through calcuation then fails with no route planned or no route found.

Im doing this indoors connected to my laptop but would expect it to work based on the installed maps.

The route planner on the tomtom website can do it and pass the location to the app but then it still fails to find it. I get the same using the french postcode from the tourist board.

its getting to the point where Im serious considering taking it back as a non-functioning sat nav as I bought it explicitly for this trip.

trying towns close to the place like Sallanchches get the same error

As a computer Engineer by profession Im not impressed at all at the moment with the programming.

Sitting at my desk in Toronto and reading your post, I used HOME to switch to my 805 W&CE map.on my GO 930 Prepare route A..B Start, Address, City centre, type Calais, Address, City centre, type Combloux, Done, Now, Done and the following map appears.

View attachment 2803

Last edited:
on the Xl forums someone else said the same so looks like I have a faulty unit

I shall be taking it back to the store by the looks of it

Ask a Question