NO MAPS FOUND on TomTom XL IQ Routes !

Hi!

I started to download a new map on HOME and tried to install it on my GPS, however the instalation didn't finish and when I turned on my GPS again it had no maps (neither the new one nor the original one).
Then I tried to install the new map on my GPS but noticed that it was too big for it and it's the only one free!

What can I do to solve this and what's the correct way of updating it in the future?

Thanks in advance!

Use Explorer to see the contents of the unit. Do you see a Vocalizer folder? If so, move it to the computer (using Explorer) and then delete the Vocalizer folder from the unit. If your unit doesn't have text to speech capabilities then you don't need that folder which is just for computer voices.

If you don't have that folder, look in your voices folder on the unit and delete all the foreign voices (you can tell which are foreign by looking at each dataXX.vif file [it's a text file] and delete the .vif AND associated .chk file for each foreign voice)
Try the install now. Does it fit?

Use Explorer to see the contents of the unit. Do you see a Vocalizer folder? If so, move it to the computer (using Explorer) and then delete the Vocalizer folder from the unit. If your unit doesn't have text to speech capabilities then you don't need that folder which is just for computer voices.

If you don't have that folder, look in your voices folder on the unit and delete all the foreign voices (you can tell which are foreign by looking at each dataXX.vif file [it's a text file] and delete the .vif AND associated .chk file for each foreign voice)
Try the install now. Does it fit?

Explorer?

On Home when I try to install the map, it says I don't have enough space to install it (says I have to free up 61MB) and it shows me some items that I could desinstall to free some space up, however even if I erased it all it still wouldn't be enough for the map to fit...

I have 191.4 Mb Occupied but I dont' know how to access the rest of the software to desinstall...

Do you use a Mac or a PC? If a Mac, use Finder. If a PC, it's Windows Explorer, the file manager for XP (and Vista).

I don't have a Vocalizer folder and already erased all the foreign languages, my GPS still has 171.6 mb of occupied memory and I need 38.5mb more to install the map

The strange thing is that I can't find the files that are occupying so much memory...

Try formatting the card. (not quickformat). Then use winrar to extract the files and folders from the map .cab file [which I gather does not include the foreign voices]].

If it does get copied to the card, then start Home which should offer an application. Download and install.

I did what you told me and it's now installing the map but it's taking foreeeeeeveeeer, I don't even know if it's stuck or not...

How long is it supposed for the device to install a near 2gb map?

The device is only USB 1 speed so it will take around 50 minutes to copy all the map folder to the device, nothing you can do about this I am afraid - Mike

I believe your model only has the USB 1.1 functionality, not USB 2.0. So it will take a long time.... over an hour, perhaps.

Try minimizing the Home screen. Seriously. Some say this helps the speed of installation.

I'm currently having the same exact problem with my TOMTOM XL. So I just reinstall the maps to the internal memory? My HOME page is installing maps to my internal memory and the process is taking an enormous amount of time. Am I even on the right track?

Nobody is going to be able to help you guys unless you give more information.

A path to solution was given in this thread. So where in this path are you stuck? What did not work for you or what is different with your problem with what was previously described ?

Only then will one of the experienced people here be able to help you.

Ask a Question