Roads exist.. but not on my TT

TomTom Model(s)
XL350TM
So I purchased a XL350TM last year. I work at a Big Box retail company and I know a lot about consumer electronics. Went with the lifetime maps, because hello! why wouldn't you. Anyway, just got done updating my map about 20 minutes ago... and I just don't understand.

Literally, about a block from me, my TT still has a road going through a railroad when in fact there is no longer a crossing there and the road does not go through... it's blocked off. It's been that way since I've been born, and I'm 20.

There is a new HUGE shopping center down the road from me... With its own road. Its been there for about 3 years. My TT still shows no road and none of the businesses show up in POIs.

I have heard many many people complain about issues like these. Granted, most of the time when I need to navigate somewhere, it takes me there with no problem. And for some reason, I love the TomTom brand! But its getting harder and harder for me to recommend TomToms to my customers when I myself have a road displaying on my device that actually is blocked off and has been that way for years.

MOST of the time it gets me where I want to go. I have had instances though where the device wanted to take me down a road that just was not there.

My question is: What is up with taking so long with map corrections???

I have given up on Mapshare... Every time I download a map and update it... I correct it and upload the corrections. Nothing.

Where is the break in the system? Is it TeleAtlas' fault? (TomTom company!!)

No question that certain geographical areas are not totally accurate while other locations can be spot on. All gps brands have these discrepancies.

You can block roads using mapshare but you probably know that by now.

Ah, right. My browser still has the bookmark to the original site. Do you know of any scheduled 'down' date for the phase out of the old site?

thats Tom Tom for you

It took them almost 3 years to add a 6 mile long, 8 lane, Toll Road extension, named after a former President, that goes right by my house and use all the time since it opened. Almost 3 years!!!! I tried reporting to tech support, to Mapshare, and even to mapinsight.com

They are will soon open the next extension to the same road, so I expect it to take TomTom another 2.7 years to add it also. Do you think I will ever buy another TomTom again? NO! Garmin made the addition much more quickly, and you can buy unlimited map upgrades spending about $30 or $40 more for your GPS unit.

Ask a Question