Can't search for certain roads, even though they exist on the map.

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom ONE v3
I'm curious as to why when I search for a destination (Country, city/town, street, address) the TomTom can't find it. For example, if I start from home and browse the maps to find the exact address of my work place, I can select that address and then navigate there. However, if I try to type in the address the TomTom can't find it, even though I have already saved it in my favourites. This happens with a fair few roads where I live, but not all of them.

Any thoughts?

If it's on the map, then it should be in the data base. So the problem could be in the name of the municipality.

Try going to 'Browse map' and find the location manually. When you zoom in or out, at certain levels of zoom you can see the municipality name. You can't be too far in or too far out. Sort of a medium zoom. (This is just an idea of mine.):rolleyes:

Hmmm, seems that the TomTom has a little too much town detail... Try looking up Little Egypt, Ontario... It says it's there but I've never seen it while driving through. I guess there is no way to change options to make it look for roads anywhere around the municipality I entered? I figure I'm asking a lot here.

I am having a similar issue with my refurb 510. Any city that begins with the letters A,B,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z will not show up in my searches. The weird thing is that they show up on my maps, but I am not able to search for them. Should I send it back while the window is still open, or has someone found a fix?

Ask a Question