Rider V2 switching on by itself.

Hi all,

New to the forum as I'm having problems with my Rider V2. I switch it off only for it to switch itself back on about 15 seconds later regardless if its with external power or not. Can anyone help?

Oh, and I didn't do any upgrades to the unit or fiddle with it for this to happen.

Last edited:
What is your application version? (tap the satellite bars to see what the version is).

Did you make sure you did the 'clear route' after your last trip?

Tried a reset on your unit?

Was there a definite solution to this? I have the same problem so consistently that i have to wait and see if it's going to power back on after every shut down...

I have version7.901 installed with Daylight running.

I have cleared the my last route.

I have not done a reset.

It will occur even if it has not been docked, so I don't believe the pins are an issue.

I'd have to go back and check, but it was at either Joghurt's site or another one. I'll post later when I'm home and can confirm.

BTW - I decided to test a theory and removed the tape across the second from left contact (when looking at it), and the problem disappeared.

Where/how did you get an application for altitude?

What map are you currently running?

Just curious.

Cheers

Sorry to take so long to get to this...

The application I use for altitude is called "Height" and is available here at Joghurts site: Joghurts GPS-Site with self written plugins and tools like ExecutionHelper v1.x, Daylight v1.x, Silence, Suit, Calculator, FuelControl, Blackout, Screenshot, ExecutionHelper v2.x, Daylight v2.x, Timesync, Flashlight, NearlySilent, ThirdPartyMenu, InA It can be found in the "Projects" folder

And regarding my last statement, I posted my results too soon. It is still occurring. Sometimes rebooting up to four times.

I also noticed that in some cases, during a reboot, it will indicate (falsely) that there is not memory card inserted.

I'm running App 7.901 (9181/081021), OS:243479, GPS v1.21, Boot 5.5013, Map 'North_America_2GB' v845.2647

Well, it turns out I don't need to worry about this issue. My Rider was crushed after rolling off of the roof of my car... No worries, I found a new one on eBay for $160.00. The new one has no problems whatsoever.

Ask a Question