Rider 2 audio output

Has anyone figure out how to add an audio jack to the rider 2 bike dock I would love to plug it into my bike audio system

Thanks for the reply I have tried a Motorola S705 Soundpilot and could not make it work do you know if any of the ones you gave me the link too work

Thanks
Jim

I don't know if this will help GOLDWING, but I have determined that the bike dock pins are configured as follows:

Left pin 1 - 5v+
Next pin 2 - unknown - maybe audio out for car dock
Next pin 3 - connected to pin 4 - Ground
Next pin 4 - connected to pin 3 - Ground

I can't confirm that pin 2 is the audio output, I wasn't able to actually test it. It was the only pin that I didn't get a reading from when I connected my test meter to them. You may be able to get your radio repair shop to wire a plug for you??? Let us know how you get on as this could be a worthwhile mod to make!!

PC

That was my plan was to try pin 2 of the dock I was just waiting to find another cradle before I take one apart

I did just find one on eaby waiting for it too get here

Thanks for the reply I have tried a Motorola S705 Soundpilot and could not make it work do you know if any of the ones you gave me the link too work

I haven't tried, don't have a rider.

Do you still have the S705? You replied to a separate post here regarding a third party patch to allow more bluetooth devices to work. Have you tried whether it helps getting the S705 working?

That was my plan was to try pin 2 of the dock I was just waiting to find another cradle before I take one apart

I did just find one on eaby waiting for it too get here

Pleas sir let us know how it works out for you, I am looking for a way to connect to my Harley Electra Glide audio system. Tried all the BT headset stuff and it does not work for me. I already have Nolan Helmets With JM headset wired to my Harley audio system so just need a way to get sound from the TT Rider2 through that system. BIG NEGATIVE for Rider 2 that some type audio jack was not built in.

update I have found a cheap bluetooth reciver that works I got it on ebay its only 15 dollars comes from china takes a while to get the model is BCK-08 this works great on my goldwing

Bck-08

update I have found a cheap bluetooth reciver that works I got it on ebay its only 15 dollars comes from china takes a while to get the model is BCK-08 this works great on my goldwing

How are you using it with your Goldwing system? Are you using the headphone output jack to connect to an input on your Goldwing audio system?

yes I plug it into the AUX input works great I have a usb 12 volt charger that keeps my ipod and the bule tooth adater ready to go

TomTom Rider2 Pinouts

Just thought I would add a little assistance to those that are trying to wire a speaker to the TomTom Rider V2

I was looking, could not find so I had to discover myself.

I was going to use a simple BT receiver but I notice that the switch on times for most BT speakers/Headsets is 1/4 o 1/5 (up to 1) second and as such you tend not to hear the complete voice instruction.

On the back there is 4 connections.
Looking at the TOMTOM unit and counting from Left to Right.

1(ORANGE): Ground (0v)
2(RED): (not sure but I would suspect it is a mic input)
3(BROWN): Speaker positive out ( very low power so may require a small preamp or wired to an AUX in)
4(BLACK): 5v. (draws about 1.2amp on flat battery)

OK so who in their right mind though Black was positive and Orange was ground.
Perhaps this is a TomTom confusion tactick..

The tomtom unit will switch over to using the external speaker output once +5v power is applied to pin 4
(and the negative to pin 1)
Speaker negative should also connect to pin 1
You will see the message in the top right of the screen

You can also test using a wired headphone (to pins 1 and 3).

I hope this helps those that are looking to get an external speaker working.

Hv.

Ask a Question