Rider 1 mount ideas...

I am looking for a way to quick mount/release my rider mount from the bars and just leave the wire hanging....

Anyone have a solution or idea? No I do not want a rider 2 or RAM mount...just looking for a simple way to re-mount mine that can be quickly removed...

Can you get a Ram mount on the bars like the base of this?

ramb149zto2_d.jpg

http://www.ram-mount.com/gps_mounts/ramb149zto/ramb149zto2.htm

Even for my Rider 2 I leave the ball mount on the bike and just remove the power from the unit and everything above it and take it inside where ever I am.

Well I'm sure someone will have an idea, me I prefer the "ram mount" that way I can move it around and it's an easy disconnect.
TomTom4-23-08.jpg

I don't think it looks to bad..........:D

Can you get a Ram mount on the bars like the base of this?

ramb149zto2_d.jpg

http://www.ram-mount.com/gps_mounts/ramb149zto/ramb149zto2.htm

Even for my Rider 2 I leave the ball mount on the bike and just remove the power from the unit and everything above it and take it inside where ever I am.

I'd like to comment on handlebar mounts like these. Lots of folks have told stories about their TT's flying out of the cradle when going over rough spots. Set ups like the one above may be especially susceptible to this, due to the geometry and the mass distribution. That is, you have a large mass (the TT R) at the end of a flexible mount (the Ram bar and balls), fastened to handlebars. This makes it very susceptible to vibrations, kinda like a fishing pole.

Cheers

Aerotech

As I showed my mount previous thread, I do not have the Rider 1 0r 2 but the TT One XL on the ram and ball mount and must say that there is no/none vibration to this set up at all, I have seen where others have had the problem but I think they are riding mostly off road machines???? Street riding doesn't seem to bother mine at all, it sets in the mount very firm and tight, been using this set up for almost a year without any problems.

I use a RAM mount similar to the one shown in the post to hold a Mini-DV Camera on my handlebars. I've used this set-up for almost two-years now and have never had a problem with it vibrating loose. It has proven to be a trust-worthy mount that I'd recommend to anyone, mounting anything under 24 ounces. I've hit potholes on occasion so hard I was almost thrown from my bike (1900 cc), meanwhile, this RAM mount held stiff. Regardless of the mount, I'd suggest a safety-strap attached to the unit as an added insurance. Best of luck in whatever you choose.

Rubber-side up!

Ask a Question