Retail Stores POI collection now on TT site

TomTom Model(s)
XXL 335S
Take a look at this:

http://www.tomtom.com/plus/service.php?ID=2&BID=33

I haven't seen it before, so I'm thinking it's fairly new. These POI files can mostly be obtained from either here or another forum, but I like that TT is listening to what we want! :)

Some people will like that this only counts as one POI category, while others will want to keep "Best Buy" as it's own category. To each their own!

very cool!

solves the "Shops" Category for ONE users!

Thanks TomTom! (Now.. if only my DVD would arrive).

lol.. just did a quick search. I can already tell you it's not exactly complete. Oh well, it's good first effort!

There's this Staples next to a Futureshop which isn't listed. There's 2 Costcos near me (within 10km) but the 'nearest' one in the list is 16.1km away.

I haven't even installed it yet, but I'm not shocked to hear it's incomplete. I agree, though, it's a GREAT start!

Well, one of the Costcos is new (last summer). But the other close one is over 10 years old!!

Oh well, can't have them all lol. But then again, they have a restaurant listed and it opened last summer! I wonder who sends TeleAtlas the information when something opens.

very cool!

solves the "Shops" Category for ONE users!

Thanks TomTom! (Now.. if only my DVD would arrive).

You are STILL waiting for your maps DVD???? :eek:
Maybe yet another ROAD TRIP to this side of the border and a stop at a TomTom retailer to pick one up with some sort of voucher will get it to you quicker.... jeesh!

......heh? :)

I should because when I reiterated my concern, they told me "yeah sure, we'll check for you and see if it's in transit. Just give us your name and address and phone"

So I did, only to find out it'll take 3-4 weeks for them to check!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just tried to download and the file is not opening. Says it's an invalid format and even changing the extention to different types (zip, rar, exe..) still nothing.

file size = 228KB, but there isn't anything there :)

Later,
Aaron

err.. that's weird.

It's 400KB (unzipped I guess). I wonder if they're updating it after I said it was incomplete (esp. that 10-year old Costco location)

After repeated unsuccessful attempts to unzip the "Retail_Stores.zip: file and receiving the error message:

"Unable to unarchive 'Retail_Stores.zip' into 'xxx'. (Error 2 - No such file or directory.)" ,

I tried downloading the file from Tom Tom's web site today. The file now starts to unzip, but hangs when it displays "Retail_Stores.bmp" with the thermometer progress bar being completely filled.

I am using a Mac (OS 10.4.8) and Stuffit Expander (v. 11).

Is anyone else having this problem? Has anyone been able to work around this problem?

Here it is....

This is what I downloaded a week or two ago when this first appeared on TT.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• Retail_Stores.zip
    229 KB · Views: 419
Thank you for posting this file fanchee! Here it is March and TT still has not fixed this link. However your file worked fine.:D

You're welcome, glad it worked for you. I'm surprised TT hasn't fixed this, but I haven't checked as I HAVE the file. :)

Ask a Question