US Retail Store Updates

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Hmm...

everytime I connect my ONE to the computer and HOME launches, it keeps telling me to download the US Retail Store POI. I thought it downloads and installs?

Why does it keep telling me to download it then? (along with QuickGPSFix)

You know, I'm having that same problem with HOME 2. It keeps saying there is an update for my Retail Stores, Dunkin Donuts, and Baskin Robbins everytime I connect.

The same happened to me with my refurb 910. HOME kepted asking me to download the Speed Cameras for Europe. Just ignored them and it went away.

Actually what I did was just delete it using HOME and re-downloaded it and now it doesn't show my POI's needing updates.
Cool, I'll give that a shot.

Pedro, lol.. Europe? well I guess if you have the Euro maps installed.

btw, has anyone figured out the slow satellite lock issue?

Last edited:
Yeah my 910 has the Europe maps. I didn't need the info.

Nextourer, how long does it take to get a fix?

Yeah my 910 has the Europe maps. I didn't need the info.

Nextourer, how long does it take to get a fix?
3.25min is the longest I've seen.

"shorter" ones are still a min. And it's not like I left it off for a few days. Even an overnighter or simply a couple of hours (e.g. I turned it on then off in the morning and try again in the evening) can produce long lock times. =(

Hmm.. so I had this brilliant idea of doing what you guys did with the retail store and deleted my QuickGPSFix stuff off my ONE via HOME.

I did this hoping that maybe there's some special Navcore 7 version so getting rid of the old one means it'll detect that it's missing and download a new version. Well so far, I haven't got any but I'll keep you guys posted and see if I get a QuickGPSFix update tomorrow and whether that will solve my slow satellite lock issue.

Well I turned on my ONE. The last time was this morning right after the post above.

It's been 3.55 mins and it's still searching for satellite signals.

Oh.. it went to 4 mins and now it's saying "Waiting for a valid GPS signal..."

Edit: No QuickGPSFix update

Last edited:
Alright, I've figured something out and I don't know if you guys will even read this.

I think TomTom doesn't have QuickGPSFix for Navcore 7 "Lite" that comes with the ONE.

and I believe the one I've been "downloading" is a ghost one just like the US Retail Store update.

The reason is that I deleted my ephem folder and TomTom didn't find a QuickGPSFix update. So I restored a ephem folder from one of my backups and that still didn't bring back QuickGPSFix.

I think I find it amusing that my first choice was to come to you guys for help rather than TomTom support lol.

Thanks for listening guys!

Mine still takes a long time as well, even though it downloads Quickfix through Home 2.0. Maybe since I did 7.13 over 7.12? I may try older backup on another SD card and then re-upgrade to 7.13 and see if that helps.

What I did was when installing HOME 2, I choose the option to keep my old version of HOME 1.5 so I have two versions of the application.

When I use HOME 2, I don't get any updates to QuickGPSFix as the update screen always times out for me.

When I launch HOME 1.5, I immediately get the QuickGPSFix and my sat lock seems to be fast again.

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo >.<.

Bah I don't have 1.5's setup installed.

Well you're not missing anything from HOME 2 cause like I said, I've only been getting phantom updates.

Ask a Question