Restoring Voice Recognition 920T

Upacked my new 920T and did the stupidest thing...I updated it! :( Now I have no Voice Recognition and I am looking for anyone who has a quick fix. Tried restoring the old files in the ASR folder on my computer, but this did not work.

Any suggestions on how to get the old firmware back or fix the VR? :eek:

Upacked my new 920T and did the stupidest thing...I updated it! :( Now I have no Voice Recognition and I am looking for anyone who has a quick fix. Tried restoring the old files in the ASR folder on my computer, but this did not work.

Any suggestions on how to get the old firmware back or fix the VR? :eek:

I have the exact same issue..... This totally sucks.... :mad:

there are a few threads on this, tomtom is creating a fix for the problem and they know about it

someone here came up with a fix but I don't know if it works for everyone, I haven't tried it yet;

Originally Posted by spdmsand
Just got my Go 920 and happily found this forum to explain why the VR feature stopped working and thankfully, the fix. After much searching, I found the suggested fix but no instructions, so thought it might help others with what worked for me. Here are the steps I took to fix the problem:

-Download the 7.221 version from http://www.oldboy.me.uk/TomTomUpdates/ Download is a zip file, extract the file to your computer.
- Copy only the contents of the ASR directory to the ASR directory on your TomTom (answer "Yes" to "Overwrite existing files" prompt). As a precaution, you may want to create a backup of the TomTom first.
- Disconnect device from computer, TomTom started up normally and VR feature once again works.

By copying only the files in the ASR directory, the TomTom still shows version as 7.480.

Last edited:

Ask a Question