Rest Areas - 1.2

Hope you don't mind, but I did a little editing on the Thread title and Original post to avoid confusion.

Sorry I overlooked Mike's post

Assuming his is the latest, I moved that attachment to the original post.

Can someone confirm Mike's attachment is the latest revision?
Therefore, I can delete all other attachments to avoid confusion.

I took the latest last ngiht and ADDED to it. The size did look different to me too but if you open it in TYRE it shoudl say there are 537 more listings than the origional?? (Hope I didn't mess it up!...I'll look on my PC when I get home tonight).

Just did a check of the v1.6 file in this thread using PoiEdit 2007. It shows 1723 entries - an earlier file that I have shows only 993 entries. The RESTAREA v1.6 file listed here in the TT FORUM is the latest as of today, 3/29/07. :D

Mike L.

Last edited:
Rest Stop POI Category

Just did a check of the v1.6 file in this thread using PoiEdit 2007. It shows 1723 entries - an earlier file that I have shows only 993 entries. The RESTAREA v1.6 file listed here in the TT FORUM is the latest as of today, 3/29/07. :D

Mike L.

First of all let me say I really appreciate the work all of you have done in creating this POI category. Of course this must be followed by the "However".
However, I really think that Costcos and Flying J do not belong in what most of us would think of as Rest Stops. It is easy to strip them out and I have done this for my use. It is also interesting to note that the missing rest stops near Dublin OH (https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288&highlight=dublin) in the new maps are not in this POI data set.

get a TTF Van... lots of water, and 2 newbies to drive around the country. Don't send them out until after training them how to set current location as POI in a category... :D

You have to register and then go back to the site and select free POI. Next select the category rest areas.

You guys have been busy while I have been away. I dowloaded the finished zip file and then simply removed those things not official "rest stops". Smaller file. I will let you know how it works shortly.
Well that was a bomb. Loaded the file but when I accessed the poi on the tt it showed nothing. Back to the drawing board. This was much easier before the "upgrade".

Last edited:
ok is restArea v 1.6 the latest POI or do I need to also need to get the file from poi-factory.com? thanks for your help.

Last edited:
haven't tried yet

Where do I put the excel csv files that I downloaded from POI factory? Alabama also had a bmp file for rest stops, where would that go ?

I guess I should hook it up on the PC and see where the file might go....:eek:

Ask a Question