Rest Areas - 1.2

converted the file

I converted the file using poiedit 2007, that worked, but

the BMP for rest stop didn't show up, I put that in the map folder , is that where it goes?

Just did a check of the v1.6 file in this thread using PoiEdit 2007. It shows 1723 entries - an earlier file that I have shows only 993 entries. The RESTAREA v1.6 file listed here in the TT FORUM is the latest as of today, 3/29/07. :D

Mike L.

One i'm using has 1765. Lower 48

Most include Mile Marker which is a sweet feature

Here: http://www.poi-factory.com/node/6643

Rest Areas

I hunted around, added a few things, removed Costco and Flying J as they are mostly gas station chains. There are over 3900 rest areas, info areas, travel centers etc.I didn't want to take over someone elses thread as I did this for my use and just thought somebody else could use it, so I called it Interstate_Rest_Areas.

Attachments

• Interstate_Rest_Areas.zip
    56.3 KB · Views: 589
Thanks for this great file everyone! :)
Without your post I would have never come across this thread although there was another one about three months ago.

Gurus, I seem to have rad that one can only get sound alerts for personal POI categories.
If that is so how do I change this from a supplied to a personal POI.
(I have explained elsewhere how to merge a personal POI category in Tyre with a TT supplied one but not the other way around.)

Now, once that is achieved, does anyone have the .wav file for a flushing toilet?
I want to surprise SWMBO on our next road trip.
Cheers,

I don't know if this is going to help you at all or has any relevance. (It's from the Brit forum regarding merging custom poi's with some in the poi.dat file):
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modul...rt=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=merge

You may, just may, be able to apply a custom sound to the resulting .ov2 file created.

Also, I remember something about creating a custom .ogg file that goes in the sounds folder with a prefix exactly named like the .ov2 and .bmp files (or did it go in the map folder, too??):confused: :confused:

Last edited:
Without your post I would have never come across this thread although there was another one about three months ago.

Gurus, I seem to have rad that one can only get sound alerts for personal POI categories.
If that is so how do I change this from a supplied to a personal POI.
(I have explained elsewhere how to merge a personal POI category in Tyre with a TT supplied one but not the other way around.)

Now, once that is achieved, does anyone have the .wav file for a flushing toilet?
I want to surprise SWMBO on our next road trip.
Cheers,

Hear you go I downloaded this via TT Home.

View attachment Flush toilet.zip

I don't know if this is going to help you at all or has any relevance.
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modul...rt=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=merge
Andy's post is interesting as one possibly may mix and match.

I previously mentioned that in Tyre one could open a personal POI category, mark all and copy (Ctrl+A, Ctrl+C) open a TomTom POI, go to the end and paste (Ctrl+V) and save the POI.

You may, just may, be able to apply a custom sound to the resulting .ov2 file created.

Also, I remember something about creating a custom .ogg file that goes in the sounds folder with a prefix exactly named like the .ov2 and .bmp files (or did it go in the map folder, too??)
Thanks, I am saving this for now and shall try it one day!

Ask a Question