Reporting Map Feedback. Please read!

There can be a huge lag before the major mapping companies actually get around to updating their maps. In my case, I work in a building constructed between 2002 and 2004, which did not show up in satellite images at Google or other mapping sites until June of 2007. Version 7.05 of the TT maps did not know that a cut-through appeared on the road in front of us (so you could turn left into the parking lot), so it goofily suggests that you go about a mile out of the way to come up on the correct side of the street. This morning was the first time I came to work with the new 7.10 map installed (I actually do know the best way to get here, I use it for the traffic, duh :) ) and I was startled to see it telling me the direct route. It finally has the cut-through, 3 years after this building opened. Patience is a virtue, eh?
wow....

yeah I'm just waiting for the right time to buy. I'm on v660.1215 right now. Also, the shop doesn't show the 7.10 maps. Heck, I can't even buy full NA maps, only regional maps.

ohhh... eh? Hmm... before the shop closed, maybe? Cause I haven't been able to get any new maps lately.

When you use Tomtom Home it looks at your device, not just at what is available. This is why some people see only 675 and some see 710 at this point.

Maby that link work faster than Mapshare who know:confused: , they promise this

http://www.tomtom.com/support/reportmap.php

Thank you for taking time to report your comments on the map data of your TomTom product. TomTom has set up this special form to capture your comments and be able to prioritize your feedback so that we can track it closely.

This form is reserved for reporting errors on the maps (e.g. missing streets, wrong driving instructions, wrong one-way streets etc.) To allow us to analyze and solve any problem that you may encounter, we need your answers to the following questions. For any other questions and information about TomTom software, please click here.

TomTom aims to provide you with the most current and highest quality maps available in North America, Europe and Australia and your feedback is one important part in meeting that goal.

Is all this going to change anything?

Tele Atlas Purchase
On 23 July 2007, TomTom made a ?2 billion offer for Tele Atlas, a digital map maker, which was accepted by the Tele Atlas board.[6] This was then trumped by a ?2.3 billion offer from Cayman Islands-based rival Garmin on 31 October, 2007, effectively initiating a bidding war for Tele Atlas.[7] TomTom responded by upping their bid to ?2.9 billion, an offer which was again approved by the board of Tele Atlas.[8] Garmin had been expected to counterbid once again: with Tele Atlas' main global rival Navteq subject to a takeover bid from Nokia, the company had stated that it did not wish both companies to fall into the hands of rivals.[8] However, after striking a content agreement with Navteq through the year 2015, Garmin withdrew its takeover offer, clearing the way for TomTom.[9] On December 4, 2007, TomTom shareholders approved the takeover.[10]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TomTom

I dunno. I report to TeleAtlas and TomTom lol. Just in case.

I noticed that TeleAtlas has updated the maps and the errors I reported (And probably others did it too) have been corrected. Hurray!

The funny thing is that I asked them to send me an e-mail when something has been done but I've gotten nothing from TeleAtlas.

And when 5,000 people report the same thing? Also, you don't purchase your TT maps from TeleAtlas. Why would TT give you credit for an improvement you have made to another companies product?

I report errors, for free. My primary incentive is to improve future maps for myself. I don't hunt down errors that don't affect me. The errors I report are those that are relevant to me, so my incentive is entirely selfish. Although, I do of course get a nice warm feeling inside knowing that I will be helping other people too!

On a side note, guilders don't exist anymore...

TeleAtlas was buy by TomTom rescently.

OK, so TeleAtlas fixes something - but we buy maps from TomTom, how often does TeleAtlas send fix updates to TomTom?

What kills me is that I have a mio which uses TeleAtlas maps and I have a TomTom that uses TeleAtlas maps.

The Mio has streets that do not exist on the 720 and the 720 has errors to road names and road paths the Mio does not

:mad:

my mio was $189 and my 720 was $356

Last edited:
I'm sure your Mio has fewer POIs than the 720?

I think it's a give and take and depends on what you value most - no. of POIs or more detailed maps. Too bad you can't compare just by looking at the boxes.

Ask a Question