Reporting Map Feedback. Please read!

TomTom Model(s)
ONE v2
Alright, so I know a lot of you probably use TomTom's "Report Map Feedback" on their site in your personal account. We all know the drill. You send in an error and they say that they can't tell you if it's resolved or not so they just say "resolved" on your "My Questions" page anyway.

I did that and all my 20 or so errors were NOT fixed. Now I realise that it will take a while for TeleAtlas to update but 20 errors is a LOT for one tiny little area compared to the entire continent.

Now, if you're wondering whether you should buy the next DVD map release or not, wonder no more!

Go to TeleAtlas' Map Insight page and report your map feedback there. If you put your e-mail, TeleAtlas say they will report to you when your issue is fixed.

Now I don't know if it works or not but I can only be optimistic right? I've reported most of my errors directly to TeleAtlas. If this service works, I'll be reporting directly next time.

Great info, good sticky. Folks, report your feedback directly! It's much more efficient than waiting for the TeleAtlas drivers to find your neck of the woods! :)

oh wow, thanks.

Hopefully this will help those who want to know if they've updated it on the new DVD or not because they'll get an e-mail back stating whether it's been fixed.

Now I am hopeful that TeleAtlas does what it promises to do :)

I posted all this info before but it seems to have gotten lost and I can't remember the topic heading I used so I figured I'd give you your 15 minutes of fame seeing how you waited (and complained) for so long. :D

OK, so TeleAtlas fixes something - but we buy maps from TomTom, how often does TeleAtlas send fix updates to TomTom?

OK, so TeleAtlas fixes something - but we buy maps from TomTom, how often does TeleAtlas send fix updates to TomTom?

I beleive TA sends out their data upon request from it's DB holders.... i.e. TomTom, Garmin, any map company.

I could be wrong, but I beleive that's how it works. If you send to TT instead of TA, TT might hold all the data for X time. Sending direct to TA cuts out a middle man. TT sends what they get to TA and then TA verfies and fixes.

The thing is.. how come this new set of maps have some features missing.

i.e. who edits and removes things? TA or TT or TT instructing TA to produce a map of x kb.

I just entered a missing side road from the 665 maps into this website - I will admit, the website feedback form is very good. Shows you their current map, so you can visualize the error before submission.

Last edited:
I have an idea that would make it attractive for all of us to report errors or changes to TA:

Have them award points for each verified and subsequently incorporated addition. Each point would be worth a certain amount guilders, pence, euros, pesos or crowns, to be applied to the purchase of the next upgrade. It would be an incentive for me anyway.

Of course, like in politics, they would tell us why that isn't feasable but I can imagine TA would be immensely helped with their task of putting out up-to-date maps .

Have them award points for each verified and subsequently incorporated addition. Each point would be worth a certain amount guilders, pence, euros, pesos or crowns, to be applied to the purchase of the next upgrade. It would be an incentive for me anyway.
And when 5,000 people report the same thing? Also, you don't purchase your TT maps from TeleAtlas. Why would TT give you credit for an improvement you have made to another companies product?

I report errors, for free. My primary incentive is to improve future maps for myself. I don't hunt down errors that don't affect me. The errors I report are those that are relevant to me, so my incentive is entirely selfish. Although, I do of course get a nice warm feeling inside knowing that I will be helping other people too!

On a side note, guilders don't exist anymore...

Spook... is it just me or did you move closer to the bridge/command center? I though before you were closer to the leading edge...

Errr, it is just you I think! ;)

Seriously though, the images are only georectified for certain points. They cant be correctly positioned at all points. The net result is that a fixed coordinate can drift around a bit, in relation to the image, as you move the image around. It is probably a result of you being at a different zoom level or with the image centred in a different place to the last time.

For anyone who is confused, battom was referring to my apparent location in Google Earth (I hope).

I just upgraded last night to v655.xxxx of the map on my TOMTOM 910 and the first thing I noticed is that it is missing a few of the small roads that I used to have in the v650 map!

To verify, I went to teleatlas' site and sure enough, the road is not in their database. Very odd.

However, much of the major road construction that has been completed for a year or so is now updated. I guess the inconvenience of having a few destinations missing is worth having new major road construction now included.

I may revert back to the v650 just to see if the side streets/back roads that I use are there. It's really strange that they would remove roads.

okay thanks to nextourer for the link to tele atlas.....I reported a total failure of a set of maps we downloaded last night from TTH. They are the Eastern European maps and the advertised blurb does not match the maps. There are no reference points at all for Slovenia or Croatia, not even capitol cities, what a ripoff.

Hello -

If I could possibly skew this thread a little bit I have a question that may or may not be related...

Is there Mapping software that I can use to plan my route on the computer and then download the route to the Tom Tom One??

I have tried navigating by waypoints and entering latitudes and longitudes to designate my turns and it turns into a pin in the butt most times...

I am planning a multi day, multi state trip and I would love to be able to draw a map with some sort of PC based mapping software and get it into my TT1 as painlessly as possible..

Does such a thing exist??

There are two ways in which both creates an itinerary.

The first option is a program called Tyre in which you need to download as well as Google Earth. You can find the program here - http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php

The second option uses google maps. Much like the first option you need to create way points on the map, follow the instructions on the page - http://houghi.org/tomtom/

Thanks very much for this information.. I installed the TYRE program and have created my first route using google Maps..

Comparing it to my Delorme mapping software it looks very good...

I will be testing this out in a couple of weeks on a 5 day motorcycle trip and will let you know how it went..

Thanks again Digital...

There can be a huge lag before the major mapping companies actually get around to updating their maps. In my case, I work in a building constructed between 2002 and 2004, which did not show up in satellite images at Google or other mapping sites until June of 2007. Version 7.05 of the TT maps did not know that a cut-through appeared on the road in front of us (so you could turn left into the parking lot), so it goofily suggests that you go about a mile out of the way to come up on the correct side of the street. This morning was the first time I came to work with the new 7.10 map installed (I actually do know the best way to get here, I use it for the traffic, duh :) ) and I was startled to see it telling me the direct route. It finally has the cut-through, 3 years after this building opened. Patience is a virtue, eh?

Ask a Question