Reporting Map Corrections

TomTom Model(s)
One XL
I have had my ONE XL for about a month. I recently turned on the "Map Corrections" feature & enabled the cute green button on the screen.

I travel quite a bit all over the US (that's why I bought the TT in the first place) and recently found some map errors in Vermont, California, and in North Carolina. When I encountered these errors (while driving), I dutifully clicked the green button & then clicked the "Done" button - which was my only choice.

My question is this: How do I go back and report what the error actually was? Do I need to do that or will someone just notice that there's an error report for that area & go check it out without me having to do anything else?

Thanks in advance!
-Mich?le

I have had my ONE XL for about a month. I recently turned on the "Map Corrections" feature & enabled the cute green button on the screen.

I don't know how the One XL works but with the One, you have to go through the menu to do the map correction and you will tell it what the issue is. For missing roads for example you will set the starting point and ending point. Then when you connect to home it will upload your changes.

RE #3: I've seen that menu option -- but I can't very well give it details like that while I'm driving, can I??

I thought - perhaps I am wrong - that I could just put a "mark" on the map to show that there's an error & then later come back & indicate what the error actually was.

Is that not true? Does TomTom expect me to make the actual detailed correction at the instant that I notice the error??

... time passes ...

OK, this is bizarre. I went on 3 trips this month & clicked the button to "mark" positions on the map that needed to be fixed. It asked me some question - I couldn't read it all since I was driving - and I clicked the "Done" button, which was the only option.

Today, I tried to recreate that scenario, but since I updated my TomTom last night, the green button has changed - now it looks like a map with a pencil rather than a green arrow thingy - and its behavior has also changed! Now it doesn't ask me any questions and doesn't require me to click "Done".

It just saves them so that I can review them later -- which is what I expected in the first place.

*sigh* The problem is that all the corrections I tagged this month are gone! I can't go back and fix them. :confused:

MUTTER Oh well, I guess TomTom will have to rely on other drivers in VT, NC, & CA to do it....

Thanks for the replies -

Last edited:

Ask a Question