Replanning takes forever (video)

Have had the iPhone tomtom app which has been thoroughly impressive for almost a year with exception to the weak GPS signal issue inherent in the iPhone.

Decided to get a 540XL and have nothing but issues. Updated with the latest of everything. Reset until I hear the drumroll.

Either it crashes while entering the address mode to resetting.
So far those have been rectified by operating the unit through the computer, for a day at least. Well shall see tomorrow.

However, the worst is the replannning which can take up to 10 minutes or more. Nothing has helped. My Iphone tomtom app in comparison in the same exact conditions never exhibits this.

Here is a video of what I am referring to. Excuse the bumpy cel phone video. Sometimes it will just loop replanning, more often it just takes forever to move.

When the unit works, it works great, but wow.........

Any advice before I return this unit and get something else?
Thank you,

YouTube - ‪tomtom slow‬‏

Do you have the latest map? (870). What application is on your unit? (should be 9.061).

Perhaps try this:
1. Make an Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents.
2. Format the unit, don't use quickformat.
3. Restore the backup to the unit.

Other questions:
1. What restrictions have you set in planning preferences?
2. How long a trip was involved in the video?

Replanning normally takes just a few seconds, maybe a dozen for a long trip. That's been my experience, anyway.

If the backup--formatting--restore doesn't stop the crashing, try uninstalling the application by deleting all the loose files in the root of the unit, NO folders or their contents.

Connect to Home and install the application offered (should be 9.061). Disconnect properly from Home using the Device Disconnect icon.

Ask a Question