Remove POI

I have added a few POI's of resturants that I attend but now that I have created a Custom POI using ov2 and now have duplicates in those locations. How can I remove the ones that I put in using the TomTom One interface.

Example:

I have a 2 Starbucks on the same corner and I want to remove one of them.

go into the change preferences menu and follow thru. you will se an icon to manage poi's. there will be a selection to delete a poi or poi category. select delete a poi and follow thru to delete it.

Still can't find it... could it be me?

Perhaps I'm not seeing it or I have an older/newer version but when I go into Preferences I have Manage Favorites and Mangage Maps. Some icons that refere to POIs are; Show POI on Map and Warn when near POI but I can't find anywhere where "Manage POI's" is located.

Under Map Correction (not under Preferences) I have "Correct a map error" but I can't find "Delete a POI".

I'm currently using TomTom One 3rd Edition with Version 7.162.

Hello MagnumVP I am not sure if they are the same but on my One XL go to "Change preferances" then tap the > to go to the second page and "Manage POIs" . then you should have the option to "Delete POI".
Hope this helps

Boardboy

Must be Different

It must be differnet then. My One 3rd Edition only has Manage Favorites. There is no Manage POI's.:mad:

SO from this I'm guessing that if I input a POI on my TomTom that I can't remove it. Well that really sucks. What if the company moves, or the resturant go out of business? I'm stuck with that POI?

why not go to birdman's excellent site and create a custom menu that includes "delete poi" . Here's a thread explaining this.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=6601&highlight=birdman

I find the custom menu I use easier to access what I want and using birdman's instructions on this page allows the easy use of both custom and default menus.

There is also a good menu building program here you can use in conjunction with the method on birdman's page.

http://www.gregoryduncan.com/ttmd/index.php

Last edited:
WOW.. Thanks

Thanks for the information. I'm looking at it now. I love how the TomTom is accessible like that.

go to change preferences. from there arrow thru the screens. mine is on the last page. mine says show fewer menu options. ypurs probably says show more menu options.

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

Not there. I've seen other threads suggesting that the TT1 has a "show more menu items" or "show all menu items" option, but it isn't there. Any other suggestions?

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) T-Mobile Dash)

Not there. I've seen other threads suggesting that the TT1 has a "show more menu items" or "show all menu items" option, but it isn't there. Any other suggestions?

It's not on page 7 or 8 of Preferences? You are not using a custom menu, are you?

Ask a Question