Remonte Control doesn't work on 920

TomTom Model(s)
920T
Can anyone help me with the connection problem of my remonte to my Tomtom 920.
Have navcore 8.010 on my device. I read that here are probs with it.
Could I solve the problem by going back to navco 7.221?

How can I change it?

Thanks for the help guys!

Try a pin reset of the 920 and I think I read somewhere that there is a power button on the remote that ou can hold for 10-15 seconds for it to 'reboot'. Perhaps, try that.

Re: reset

Thanks for reply.

I already tried to reset the device but it didn't help. The bluethoot does of the tomtom does work correctly because it connects with my phone.

I already tried to reset the device but it didn't help. The bluetooth does of the tomtom does work correctly because it connects with my phone.
If you press the central button, does the blue light of the remote flash for about a minute?

Yes. The light indicates (blue) that the remote is connecting. I also changed the batteries several times, but I won't connect.
:confused:

I had the same problem. The only cure was returning the unit (a 920 bought in April). The new one functions fine with both phone and remote, except that software upgrades only let you 'turn on' the remote if you're standing still (once it's connected, each power-up cycle, it'll run even if you are driving.).

I had the same problem. The only cure was returning the unit (a 920 bought in April). The new one functions fine with both phone and remote, except that software upgrades only let you 'turn on' the remote if you're standing still (once it's connected, each power-up cycle, it'll run even if you are driving.).
With 8.010 and 805.1801 on the 930 since early June, there is no problem using the remote after powering on, while driving. Did it twice again today.
Just press the central button and it will take about 30 seconds (for ever, when you are waiting for it) until it recognises the bluetooth connection.
Im really taking a shine to that remote as I keep it in my lap with the elbow on the centre arm rest.

Can anyone help me with the connection problem of my remonte to my Tomtom 920.
Have navcore 8.010 on my device. I read that here are probs with it.
Could I solve the problem by going back to navco 7.221?

How can I change it?

Thanks for the help guys!

Does a Bluetooth phone work with your device? That might provide a clue as to whether it's a GPS problem or a remote problem.

My first 920 remote worked fine except that it sucked my batteries dry after about two uses. TomTom was very prompt in providing a replacement.

Ask a Question