record journey

have got Tom Tom Go 720t ..is it possible to record a journey and then download it onto a computer?( also posted in error on feedback page)

A 720 by itself can't do it. There used to be a 3rd party application called 'Keylogger', I think that could. But it does not work with version 8x of the application, only version 7.

A 720 by itself can't do it. There used to be a 3rd party application called 'Keylogger', I think that could. But it does not work with version 8x of the application, only version 7.

I think a much simpler 3rd party app is Tripmaster. It is now working with Navcore 8.3nn. It's easy to install and operate and can save log files to a number of different formats. Look here http://www.webazar.org/tomtom/tripmaster.php?lang=uk

I think event_logger is the program DHN is referring to. This program is truly the black box for the tomtom.

However, currently does not work with navcor 8. the author says on his webpage a new version is coming which will support navcor 8.

http://web.tiscali.it/macri/Event_Logger/

works perfectly on earlier navcor versions.

I haven't really paid much attention on off-road navigation but based on those feedbacks, Event_Logger is capable of tracking off-road routes while TripMaster can't, however based on my own experience, Event_Logger slowed my unit down significantly up to the point that I had to unload it.

I think event_logger is the program DHN is referring to. This program is truly the black box for the tomtom.

However, currently does not work with navcor 8. the author says on his webpage a new version is coming which will support navcor 8.

'+'

works perfectly on earlier navcor versions.

What doesn't work with NavCor 8? I have been using Event Logger 8.1 with NavCor 8.010 for a month on One XL-S. It has rcorded tracks with no problem.

What doesn't work with NavCor 8? I have been using Event Logger 8.1 with NavCor 8.010 for a month on One XL-S. It has rcorded tracks with no problem.
Probably works fine since as I recall, Event Logger is pretty much a "power on, auto run" application. It's the ones that required interaction with the touch screen (and in some cases, the video) that were pretty badly broken. Of course, those two things cover MOST of the 3rd party applications!

Dear All...many thanks for your suggestions. Will have a look at the two programmes mentioned and will let you know how I get on..Thankyou

Ask a Question