Reached destination...which side?

ddb

My previous GPS was an old Lowrance clunker and the TT GO 720 is light years ahead of it in functionality. However, one thing I find odd that the Lowrance did and the TT doesn't do is that it told you when you reached the destination if it was on the right side or the left. Is there a setting on the TT to have it indicate this information or is it that that TT just does not say it?

Unfortunately, it doesn't tell you which side of the road the destination is on, and there's no setting for it, either. Perhaps they'll add it to a future release. I doubt it, though, because I've seen comments on this issue with this model for over a year.

My old Garmin 5 Deluxe wouldn't tell me that and my TT One XL doesn't either, it just says you have reached your destination, course by this time I'm checking numbers as I go up the street............:D

Check the finish line banner thingy

On my 930, if you look closely at the destination (finish line) symbol you can tell that it is slightly to the left or right of the street - indicating that it knows - but is unable to voice it's opinion for some reason.

A deficiency in the TomTom units for sure.

You can also look ahead by Viewing the Route's images, before arriving on the last leg of the trip.

The arrow in final image will usually point to the right or left, if that info is in the unit's database. (Although, I've found this to be a somewhat unreliable indicator on the country roads in my locale. It's usually best to double check by picking up the numbering from passing mailboxes...)

Yes, if you look at the map (at least in 3D view) you'll see the checkered flag showing your destination on one side or the other.

Here's a screen capture of what it looks like on a TT 3rd edition where you see the destination on the left side:

Attachments

• Demo_dump.jpg
    Demo_dump.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 361

Ask a Question