Rds/tmc Attenna

TomTom Model(s)
Tomtom one XL
So we were promised a attenna by the end of the second quarted by tomtom for the USA. Since the second quarter has been over for a while, I wrote tomtom asking their support team what the deal is.
here is my reply i recieved:
Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support. My name is Kevin, and I would like to apologize for the delay in responding to your query. Our goal is to provide you with an exceptional customer experience.

RDS-TMC is the protocol used in Europe for their safety cameras. In the United States we use GPRS. As such, RDS-TMC is not available here. When the Safety Cameras service becomes available in the US, it will require a bluetooth and GPRS compatable cell service with a full data connection. Just as some of our existing Plus services already require.

The new unit, the GO 720 was released last week. It has several features that are totally new, and has greater functionality that any of our other units have had in the past. Please refer to our website

Getting this letter pissed me off a little since Kevin seemed confused, and more importantly, he only tried to sell me on a new device. I just bought this device!!! I like my one xl, but tomtom support could be a tad better.

Ask a Question