RAM mount for TT ONE V2 in 01 Prelude

TomTom Model(s)
There can be only THE ONE V2!
I have been waiting for a good mount for my TT1 to come out for a while now. The design of the ProClip mount was nice, but I just couldn't see myself spending the 100 dollars for the powered version or even 30 for the regular. The RAM Mount came out at the beginning of May for only $9.95 over at GPS City so I jumped on it as soon as I saw it. I ordered the mount RAM-HOL-TO4U and the plastic 2.5" arm.

The build quality is quite nice. I cant see this one breaking without some serious mistreatment. It snaps in and out fairly easily when you push on the tabs. I wondered if the TT1 would fall out if it got a serious shaking, but after turning it face down and shaking the best I could over my bed it never came loose. The TT looks to be fairly safe inside of this. The back has two holes drilled at a 45 degree angle a hair over 2" apart. This lets it mount onto any of the RAM diamond plate things or into AMPS mounting holes. I tried this by initially mounting it to my PanaVise dash mount and it fit fine. I was going to leave it like that, but I wanted a little bit of adjust ability so I used the RAM arm. I might go back to it though, the RAM arm is kinda big, even the smallest one they make. I wasn't sure if the ball clamp would hold very well but it is very secure. You don't have to crank down the screw to get the thing to hold in place. The ball may be plastic but it appears to be coated in rubber and hold very securely.

Instillation is very easy, as expected. The Mount itself came with four screws, two of each size, and two nuts. I was disappointed that the arm came with no hardware to attach it to either the mount or the base plate. Lucky the panavise mount came with lots of extra hardware. If you install the mount directly onto the panavise plate, it makes it very hard to screw into the dash of the prelude. If you use the RAM arm it will come apart easily, making it very easy to install.

Overall I am very satisfied with the RAM mount for the TomTom ONE V2.

Ill put a couple pics up here but head over to my website to see the rest. If anyone wants any more pics let me know!
http://www.badahab.com/ttonemount.html

In the car
frontRAM.jpg

Back side of the RAM mount
backofram.jpg

Ask a Question