GPS002.jpg

GPS004.jpg

GPS005.jpg

GPS007.jpg

GPS008.jpg

GPS010.jpg

Last edited:
'97 Ranger Explanation

Was unable to post the above photo's without Pedro doing it for me.
With my luck I would have messed things up.
The cigar lighter receptacle is wired into a switched power circuit and held in
place with a 3/4" electrical clamp. The Ram XLS cradle was purchase so I could continue using my Ram mount. The cradle permits the TT to be installed
and removed easily, still holding it firmly in place.
Purchaced a power adapter and antenna on eBay. The mcx connector is straight so it can fit through the cradle easily. Antenna insures the TT will
get a good signal sitting so low. Always receives 6-7 satellites.
Power adapter has a right angle usb connector so it will not protrude far below the cradle.

Thank Pedro for his help once again.

about to do my 04 Ranger...

It's interesting to see what you did.

I'm about to install my GO 720 into a '04 Ranger (which is basically the same dash). My differences are 1) I have manual transmission which makes the location you selected impractical 2) I'm going with the proclip vent mount 3) I'm going with hard-wired.

I'll post a pic when it is done...

Scott

Proclip

Scott

Proclip nice, thought about one. Had a Ram mount, just had to get the cradle.
Look forward to seeing you pictures.
Remember, when hardwiring, have to use the plug adapter. Contains a regulator to reduce the 12V truck voltage to 5 volts.

Irv

Scott

Proclip nice, thought about one. Had a Ram mount, just had to get the cradle.
Look forward to seeing you pictures.
Remember, when hardwiring, have to use the plug adapter. Contains a regulator to reduce the 12V truck voltage to 5 volts.

Irv
Hi Irv. The Proclip mount I am getting is for hard-wire to 12V -- it has an in-line converter. Since Ford decided to make the cigarette lighter always hot rather than switched hot, I opted for the hardwire kit so I could find a switched hot.

Ask a Question