Radio broadcast issues with 720GO

I purchased a 720GO for my dad, and have been testing it out here in CA (he's in NJ, I'll be installing it for him when we visit later this month).

For the most part I've been pretty impressed with the GPS response, directions and usability of the system ... one problem I'm having, however, is with the FM Radio transmitter (one of the reasons I'd purchased it!).

I set the 720GO to output FM and select an unused FM station (tried two different ones, one on the low end ~91, the other one ~107) ... when I select the channel, I clearly hear the test phrase "you have arrived at your destination" over the car speakers ... but when I select DONE on the 720 (at the STOP/CHANGE/DONE screen) to return to the navigation panel, the unit's onboard speaker reactivates, and there's no audio over the FM radio.

I tried this several times, and each time upon hitting DONE no luck ... any advise would be appreciated!

Oh, one other question ... as the unit's navigating, it periodically emits a chime, typically during straightaways when no instructions are forthcoming - is this normal, and if so is there a way to disable this?

Thanks in advance!

The periodic chime might be because you have turned on the poi warnings, and that will cause the unit to make a warning sound when you are near the selected poi category.

I dont know about the FM transmitter. It should work when you do what you have been doing. Any ideas anybody?

An update - I returned the original 720 and got a new one ... this one works fine in "FM transmit" mode, so the first unit must have been defective.

Glad you got the problem corrected. Thanks for posting the result. This might help others who have this problem and simply need to return the product for a replacement.

Ask a Question