Radio Volume

TomTom Model(s)
GO720T
Hi one and all,

A little while ago I was visiting England. The car that I hired at the airport had an in-car GPS system.
I noticed that when the GPS spoke the volume of the radio reduced, when the the GPS had finished
the radio volume went back up. All very posh I thought.:D
So can I get my tom tom to do the same???

Thanks in advance

Lionel

To do that you would have to have an integrated GPS/radio, so the radio knew to quiet down.

Every preinstalled car GPS/radio I've seen does that. I assume the Tomtom/Renault Carminat and the Tomtom/Toyota TNS do the same.

Also check out the ioPlay system, which inputs both Tomtom and radio feeds, and will cut off the radio when the Tomtom is speaking. I haven't seen it myself, though.

If you play music via FM or line out on a GO model, the Tomtom will pause the music while giving directions and then resume it once the directions are done.

Mikealder has the IO play system and swears by it, not at it! ;) He loves the thing!

Mikealder has the IO play system and swears by it, not at it! ;) He loves the thing!

Indeed, best car "toy" I have bought in a while, have a read through This Thread for more details, you will need to purchase the kit from the UK as I don't think they have any mainland Europe offices as yet, well worth considering - Just make sure your car deck is using ISO style connectors prior to purcase to make installation as simple as possible - Mike

Ask a Question