Wireless Connection for Rider 2 to Harley Radio

Greetings,

I am new to the forum and appreciate the opportunity to pose this question to a group that is very familiar with the Rider 2 and its capabilities. Although I have taken some ribbing from other Harley buddies with their Zumos, I have found my Rider 2 to be a reliable friend on the road. More than once the Zumo guys have pulled over to have TomTom locate a POI or eatery. I just smile and accomodate them.

Has anyone had an luck connecting their Rider 2 via Bluetooth directly into the Harley Audio System? I have an '09 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide with a factory radio. The Scala BT works great in the helmet, but I would really like to get the commands through the radio speakers (interrupt the music) without wires. Is there any cost effective way to accomplish this?

thanks in advance for your thoughts and ideas,

Silvrbulet

Your bike audio system would have to support the Bluetooth A2DP protocol for the Rider to use the bikes set up. One option is to add an iO-Play Bluetooth kit to the bike as the TomTom can use that but these seem dificult to obtain outside of the UK (you might find one on e-bay though that will post over the "pond") - Mike

Ask a Question