Quick question regarding upgrades

TomTom Model(s)
ONE New Edition V4
Hi everyone, rather new here but I love the site! Very informative, especially for a first time TomTom owner such as myself.

I went ahead and bought a V4 ONE last week and have been pretty thrilled with it so far. I did a ton of research and was well aware of the pros and cons of this device, but the features that it offered were worth some of the frustrations in my opinion. My dad has a C330 which is quite capable in terms of routing, but seemed really dumbed down in terms of its interface and options, I really wanted something that was capable of doing more.

Sorry for the rant, but to get to my question, does TomTom do a yearly update or is it more of a random happening? My ONE came with the 6.65 maps on it of US and Canada, and from what I've read here, that's as current as I'm going to get right now. Are there any ideas when the next MAJOR update might occur?

Just curious, thanks!

Well, with the new map share technology, who knows when the next major update will be.

I believe what will happen is that the changes to maps will be free as long as you pay the yearly subscription when using Map Share.

Well, with the new map share technology, who knows when the next major update will be.

I believe what will happen is that the changes to maps will be free as long as you pay the yearly subscription when using Map Share.

So will they be releasing a firmware upgrade that allows ALL TomTom owners to have MapShare? My understanding was that only the brand new 720's have that at the moment...

So will they be releasing a firmware upgrade that allows ALL TomTom owners to have MapShare? My understanding was that only the brand new 720's have that at the moment...

Yes they are releasing the firmware upgrade to all TT owners. As a matter of fact, the TT1 3rd Edition has the NavCore 7 which means they have the Map Share technology.

Yes they are releasing the firmware upgrade to all TT owners. As a matter of fact, the TT1 3rd Edition has the NavCore 7 which means they have the Map Share technology.

GREAT! Thanks for the info, I'm sorry for peppering you with questions, but I have one more... my ONE is one of the versions that uses internal memory instead of a pre-programmed SD card. Do you think that it would be necessary to do the 2 GB SD card switch that I've read about in order to have enough room to add the new update, or will the 30 mb or so that I have left on my internal memory likely be enough? Thanks in advance.

GREAT! Thanks for the info, I'm sorry for peppering you with questions, but I have one more... my ONE is one of the versions that uses internal memory instead of a pre-programmed SD card. Do you think that it would be necessary to do the 2 GB SD card switch that I've read about in order to have enough room to add the new update, or will the 30 mb or so that I have left on my internal memory likely be enough? Thanks in advance.

I think the 30MB you have will be enough for the firmware upgrade. The last update for the TT1 for 6.560 was 8.1MB. It believe the update wouldn't be much bigger than that.

Ask a Question