Quick question about the map view on the 920

I have a quick question about the map views on my new Go 920...I got it for christmas and have replaced my older GPS with it. I was wondering though, when viewing a large area with the "Browse Map" feature, is there any way to get the map to be the light green easy-to-see map versus the dark green terrain map that it switches to when you zoom out too far? I took a picture of what I mean...the top is the map of the route right after I set the destination and the bottom is after when I used the Browse Map feature.

tomtommaps.jpg

I've found that when looking at a larger portion of the maps it's much harder to see things with the terrain map so it'd be great if there was a way to switch...let me know if there's any solution! Thanks!

Try using a different map colour and see if the change in shading is not quite so severe.

Good question. I wonder if these are the so-called 'Overlays'? But is distracting. Try to correct the speed limit on a 10 mile stretch of road...then one of these 300 mile overlays pops up and asks you if the highlighted stretch of road is correct. Heck, I can't even see the stretch of road at that humongous scale. Changing map colors did not seem to change the overlay on my 930....

When you zoom out a long way the device will automatically switch to using the Raster files, try removing the contents of the "raster" folder from the device, make sure you have a full Windows Explorer back up BEFORE you do this though - Mike

Try to correct the speed limit on a 10 mile stretch of road...then one of these 300 mile overlays pops up and asks you if the highlighted stretch of road is correct. Heck, I can't even see the stretch of road at that humongous scale.

If you change a speed limit or road name, Tomtom unfortunately defaults to selecting the entire length of road that has the same name.

This is a workaround for that issue.

Ask a Question