Quick GPS Fix Question

TomTom Model(s)
XL 350TM
Yesterday I inadvertantly deleted the latest Quick GPS Fix file from my TT XL350TM. I figured when I connected it today it would appear for download again but it didn't.

Can anyone tell me if it will appear of do I need to restore something from a backup?

Thanks.

Use the device on a regular basis and it makes no difference to the sat acquisition time, I stopped bothering loading this to my units quite some time ago as its simply not required - Mike

Last edited:
Use the device on a regular basis and it makes no difference to the sat acquisition time, I stopped bothering loading this to my units quite some time ago as its simply not required - Mike

Thanks, Mike. Really appreciate you taking the tme to respond. I was a bit worried because a few times today after I installed new maps it took more time than usual to acquire the satalites.

And I don't use it that regularly so maybe I'll turn it on more often around town.

This is a good time to make an Explorer, not HOME back up of your devices content.

Connect to HOME and go to the tab which contains the content of your device and on computer. On computer I would think that GPS QuickFix is still shown, you should be able to rescue it. Not sure how often TT updates the Quick Fix, but it should also come up during an update soon.

Cheers

Cheers

Last edited:
Use the device on a regular basis and it makes no difference to the sat acquisition time...
(As long as you don't haul it around on airplanes too much ;))

This is a good time to make an Explorer, not HOME back up of your devices content.

Connect to HOME and go to the tab which contains the content of your device and on computer. On computer I would think that GPS QuickFix is still shown, you should be able to rescue it. Not sure how often TT updates the Quick Fix, but it should also come up during an update soon.

Cheers

Cheers

I know how to do that but before I do I would like to get Quick GPS Fix file back on my TT. I can find it on my compuer via backup and restore page but don't have any idea how to copy one of them (there are several) back to my TT.

I keep assuming it will be offered to me sooner or later when I connect TT to computer buit it never does now that no GPS Fix on TT.

Last edited:
I keep assuming it will be offered to me sooner or later when I connect TT to computer buit it never does now that no GPS Fix on TT.
Just described the process in another thread. You must get rid of all prior references and then let Home provide you with fresh Fix data. Same as if you'd received a bad one and needed to start from scratch. Home still thinks you have what's current enough.

Click here -> https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-go-920-920t-930-930t-940-950/23925-quick-gpsfix.html#post135155

Last edited:
Just described the process in another thread. You must get rid of all prior references and then let Home provide you with fresh Fix data. Same as if you'd received a bad one and needed to start from scratch. Home still thinks you have what's current enough.

Click here -> https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-go-920-920t-930-930t-940-950/23925-quick-gpsfix.html#post135155

Worked PERFECTLY. You are brilliant! Thanks so much for sharing the fix with the rest of us!

Last edited:

Ask a Question