Question on routing

I am making a trip from NH to CAnada, My trip will be going up Route 95 to maine, through bangor then getting on Route 9 to the border (st. Stephens). The tomtom app wants me to take 95 all the way, what is the best way for me to tell it I want to go on route 9 for that portion ofthe trip?

Plan your route as normal and when you get the route summary screen displayed choose Options/ Find Alternative/ Travel Via then choose a selection to force the device to use R9 - Point on Map is probably best, position the cursor on the exact lane you will be using at the border crossing using the R9 then hit the select button top right, a new revised route will now be planned which should reflect where you want to go to in terms of a route - Mike

Thank you! what I couldn't quite figure out, is if I do an advanced planned route. What happens with that route? I scheduled it for next week, but it seemed to have started immediately. Is there a way to access saved planned route (future?)

The software is rather dumb when it comes to saving routes such as this, at least you now know the extra couple of steps you need to make in order to plan your route on the day of the trip, it doesn't add much time so I would simply re-enter the destination and the via point on the day, if its a regular trip you could consider storing the via location as a favourite then you can recall the exact via point time and time again without needing to browse the map (makes it much faster) - Mike

Thanks for your help Mike;
I've searched and searched and I can't find any documentation or use cases for Advanced Planning. I would expect to be able to plan a route, save it then recall that route, but that just seems to be all missing. Perhaps its a product defect, have you figured out how to plan an advanced route and save it for later use?

Btw it's completely possible I misunderstand what plan route (advanced planning) is for. But it just seems odd to ask for a time to start but it doesn't seem to do anything with that, and no way to save a planned route other than to use it immediately.

Also I notice the itineraries feature is missing, not a big deal perhaps in a later update. All in all I love this thing so far.

Ask a Question