Question on accuracy?

I was wondering how accurate TT has been for others.
Mine is very reluctant to leave the highway even after 100 yards. When I pull into my driveway, my device shows that I'm still on the main road facing the same direction I was before I pulled in. This happen everytime, then when I program a new route the device tells me to turn around on the highway even though I'm entering from the side and could turn right or left. The device doesn't seem to recognize the fact that I turned around (with unit on). This stuff also occurs at roadside gas stations or similar where it gets confused and will think I'm on a side road. Is this stuff normal? Have others experienced these quirks.
-I have tested this with a friend's TT One and that unit seems more accurate.

Yes, my week only 920 does this... or it did, just upgraded to v7.20 map and that seems to have improved. Only a short drive so far so need a little more time to tell.

I was driving on the highway and I knew the exit was on the right but my 920 keep telling me to stay to the left..Other than that Ive had no other issues.

I think the aggressive snap to road is by design. You cannot set a navigatable favorite or destination on a TomTom if the spot you are marking is not showing your vehicle icon snapped to a road. Parking lot, field, unmarked road, it doesn't matter. It's useless for finding where you parked your car in a parking lot. If your vehicle icon show it has left the mapped road, you cannot set that location and route back to it. Therefor it's good that when you're in your driveway the icon still shows you on the road.

Last edited:

Ask a Question