Question about TT ONE startup

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum as I have just purchased the TT One (BestBuy Toronto). The instruction said to insert the SD Card into the unit in order for it to read the map. My unit didn't come with a SD Card, but when I turned it on (outside BestBuy's parking lot), the map of Toronto was already there. All I did was to enter my HOME address and it plotted the route for me within 15 seconds upon startup...Awesome!!

Do the newer units come with the North American map? The tomtom card I have says the following:

TOMTOM ONE NEW EDITION US CAN

When I checked the product code on the TOMTOM website, it stated my map was the latest.

Thanks!

Oh wow, is this a sign of the new TomTom ONE v3??

Do you have the SiRF logo on the bottom of the device?

The latest version of maps is v665.1293. Check to see what version you have that.

...Do the newer units come with the North American map? The tomtom card I have says the following: TOMTOM ONE NEW EDITION US CAN....

Are you saying that your unit came with a card but not an SD card?

Mike L.

Oooops, and yes, WELCOME to the TTF!

I've had a bit more time to look into this unit and it comes with 1 Gig Internal Memory and no SD Card. There is a slot for the SD Card though....I don't see the SiRF logo on the bottom of the unit. When I plugged in the unit into my PC for the first time, it said TomTom ONE New Edition v4....On the bottom of the unit, it lists "tomtom ONE (4N00.005)....I have no idea what this means.....Thanks for everyone's help!!

Oh wow, is this a sign of the new TomTom ONE v3??

Do you have the SiRF logo on the bottom of the device?

The latest version of maps is v665.1293. Check to see what version you have that.
Hi Digital-flex,

How can I check to see the version of my map data?

Thanks

UC

Hello and welcome! This confirms v3 is out! Just to set our minds at ease, does your unit have text-to-speech? Does it say "turn left on Main Street" or just "turn left in 150 yards" ?

To check the map version, power up the unit, and touch the bottom left of the screen where you see the satellites. Then click on the version number also on the bottom left. This takes you to the page that shows your map version. Thanks for checking for us!

To check the map version, power up the unit, and touch the bottom left of the screen where you see the satellites. Then click on the version number also on the bottom left. This takes you to the page that shows your map version. Thanks for checking for us!
Thanks! Here's what it says:

Device XXXXX XXXXX
App 6.560 (7914/061211) OS:1713
29 MB RAM (free: 3.0 MB)
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.05
Map: 'USA_and_Canada' v665.1293
Language: English US

I think v665.1293 is the latest map version of USA_and_Canada.

Thanks

UC

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome! This confirms v3 is out! Just to set our minds at ease, does your unit have text-to-speech? Does it say "turn left on Main Street" or just "turn left in 150 yards" ?
No, it just says something like "turn left in 150 yards"...it doesn't tell me the name of the street.

Is there a way to change it so it says "turn left in 75 metres"?

Thanks!

UC

I've had a bit more time to look into this unit and it comes with 1 Gig Internal Memory and no SD Card. There is a slot for the SD Card though....I don't see the SiRF logo on the bottom of the unit. When I plugged in the unit into my PC for the first time, it said TomTom ONE New Edition v4....On the bottom of the unit, it lists "tomtom ONE (4N00.005)....I have no idea what this means.....Thanks for everyone's help!!

That confirms the new TT1 edition. I was secretly hoping that my TT1 was the v3 because HOME was reporting to me I had a v4...oh well :D

btw, which BB did you get your device? Downtown? Downsview?

Device XXXXX XXXXX
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.05

Thanks

UC

So it looks like you do have the latest USA_and_Canada maps. I would probably see if you can get the DVD update anyway to get a hold of the NA maps. Although I don't know how it would behave having the USA_and_Canada maps on the internal memory and the NA maps on the SD card.

No, it just says something like "turn left in 150 yards"...it doesn't tell me the name of the street.

Thanks!

UC

You need to select a different voice such as 'Lorie'

Last edited:
I just picked up a One for my farther yesterday & it is the new version
it has 1gig internal memory & a slot for a SD card

I picked it up at a BestBuy near Boston, MA

In the 'Change Preferences' section, you will find 'Show ALL menu options'. Select this and then go back thru 'Change Preferences' until you find 'Set Units'. It is here that you can choose between Miles and Kilometres.

TomTom has inconveniently buried the useful 'Clear Route' command several pages into the menu. In fact, it won't even show up unless you have selected the 'Show ALL menu options' mentioned above. So many of us have created custom menus, which you allows you to rearrange the position of the icons, and put 'Clear Route' up on the first page where it should be. If you poke around in this forum, you should find the instructions for making a custom menu.

Another thing for Toronto. On my map, the addresses often show up under the name of the old boroughs (Scarborough, North York, etc.)

And in case it hasn't already been mentioned, make a backup of your TomTom RIGHT NOW! Many of us burn it onto a DVD for safe keeping. This is the ONLY copy of your map, so if your internal memory ever gets corrupted, you've got big problems.

That confirms the new TT1 edition. I was secretly hoping that my TT1 was the v3 because HOME was reporting to me I had a v4...oh well :D

btw, which BB did you get your device? Downtown? Downsview?

So it looks like you do have the latest USA_and_Canada maps. I would probably see if you can get the DVD update anyway to get a hold of the NA maps. Although I don't know how it would behave having the USA_and_Canada maps on the internal memory and the NA maps on the SD card.

You need to select a different voice such as 'Lorie'
I picked it up at the Bestbuy at Warden and Eglinton...it was $350 Cad. Thx

Device XXXXX XXXXX
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.05

Thanks

UC
May I suggest deleting your device code?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question