Question about startup and shutdown.

If anyone knows how to do this somehow, I would really appreciate it! I would like to have the TomTom power up when I turn on the car and power off when I turn off the car (with a prompt and timeout).

For example, when I turn off the car I would like it to prompt me after losing external power to stay on, if I ignore, it should turn off, if I select Yes, it should stay on. Also, is there a way to make the message screen with your personal info go away after a set amount of time? I would like it to display for say 30 seconds (long enough for someone to copy the info down if it is lost :) ) and then continue to the map so I don't have to press it each time the car is started. I know these are long shots but I think they would really improve the usability of the unit for everyday use. Thanks,

Jason

Sounds to me like you plan on leaving your device in your car when you're not in it? I'm not brave enough to leave an invite like that to break into my car....

What you ask for has been asked int he past. 'm not sure if there was ever an answer though.

As Battom noted TT has heard this before from several users including me. My vehicle is parked in a secure area 99 percent of the time unless I am sitting in it so I would like to leave my 910 there and have it controlled by the ignition switch. I do remove it when I am not in the vehicle and it is not secure. Also, as Battom mentioned a good idea to save not only your TT but also a glass. I will share my alternative that solves a portion of the problem. My TT came on everytime I started the vehicle unless I unplugged it. I had the local sound pro shop hardwire my auto plug that shipped with the TT (be sure they understand the unit is not 12v) to a disconnect switch they located in the coin tray. When I want the TT to activate I simply flip the switch. I only have to turn the TT off when I actually used it. I turn the switch off when I shut down the TT. NOt a perfect solution but helps me a lot.

Jason, the shutdown with the ignition is not possible.
Also, the the startup image time, to my knowledge, can't not be edited.

Jason, the shutdown with the ignition is not possible.
Yes, it is. In fact it used to be the default behaviour, turning the on and off with the ignition. IIRC, this was changed from firmware 6.51 (though it could have been 6.15) because of problems caused by the connection with the old x10 mount. My 910 turns on/off with the ignition because I am still running 6.0! Reverting to an appropriate firmware version should re-enable this behavior.

AFAIK, modifying the on/off behavior is not possible.

Ask a Question