problems with tomtom home

Hello. I have a tomtom one s. I am having a problem updating the Quickgpsfix. An error message pops up saying "This device is being used by another task"ERROR: DesktopLib/SimpleTask/Locked: The device is being used by another task.
@ .\framework\SimpleTask.cpp(62)
class DeviceItemsTask: locked Collecting Trip Recording upload data,wanted Scanning device
in .\framework\SimpleTask.cpp:62
Stack:
0. function errorAbortTask chrome://tthome/content/logic/ttTask.js:445
error(e);
1. function error chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1109
else if (errorNonFatal)
2. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:520
},
3. unknown
4. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js:111
{
5. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:77
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
6. chrome://tthome/content/logic/login.js:59
successCallback();
7. function validateNext chrome://tthome/content/logic/login.js:245
validationSuccessful();
8. chrome://tthome/content/logic/loginDeviceRel.js:90
acceptCallback();
9. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:424
this.successCallback(this.resultXML);
10. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:413
this._doneCallbacks();
11. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:273
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 05:04:59 GMT. Other times during install it says "cannot create this file l:/ephem/packedephemeris.ee I am stuck. I cannot update my gpsfix. Any help would be great.

Last edited:
Try this. Use Windows Explorer and delete everything you find in the 'ephem' (no quotes, lower case) folder on your unit and, as well, delete everything you find in this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris

and try again.

Thanks for your help. It seems like it helped, however now i have a new problem. Whenever i try to store a favorite a red box pops up saying "Unable to store map settings, file access error". It still stores my favorite, so i am clueless as to what the problem is. This also happens when i try to make a change in the correction preferences dealing with map corections. Please help me. I reset the unit but it didn't help.

Thanks but that didn't help. I read while searching this site that someone ran a scandisk on their memory and this solved the problem. How do i do this? It seems foreign to me. I have windows xp.

Open My Computer, highlight the (connected) drive depicting the TT unit, right click, properties, check for errors.

Try this. Use Windows Explorer and delete everything you find in the 'ephem' (no quotes, lower case) folder on your unit and, as well, delete everything you find in this folder: C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\ephemeris

and try again.

Still no luck. This problem happened after you told me to do the above.

Mabye i'm not running the flash tool right. I downloaded it to my desktop then i connected my tomtom,hit yes to connect to the computer then i hit the flash tool icon. The flash tool downloads it to the tomtom then it says its finished.

Update. I found a way to get it off. First i reset the unit. I then restored it back to it's original settings. Something has to be wrong with tomtom home because when i then hook it up to tt home do a gps fix update and the same original problem starts over again that i described to you in my first post (cannot create this file l:/ephem/packedephemeris.ee) then it makes the unit send an error message (Unable to store map settings, file access error). What a nightmare. Please Please help me

Well i called the number you gave me today. After trying several things, they told me to send the unit back to them for replacement. The person i talked to was very infomative. He explained to me that tomtoms have a (good) reverse trojon in them and when i connected it to the computer my antivirus and spybot search and destroy saw this reverse trojon as bad and killed it causing my error messages. Hearing this the solution to the problem is to disable my antivirus and spybot when connecting my tomtom to my computer. He also said that it's not something they stress because they don't want a lawsuit slapped on them. Hopefully this will help the many people who complain including me with the dreaded Unable to store map settings, file access error we have on our tomtoms.

I hope a lot of people are reading this. I did some searching on the web and what i'm finding tells me that i should have my antivirus running. Is this guy telling me the truth? Does anyone have any input on this?

Hello. I have a tomtom one s. I am having a problem updating the Quickgpsfix. An error message pops up saying "This device is being used by another task"ERROR: DesktopLib/SimpleTask/Locked: The device is being used by another task.
@ .\framework\SimpleTask.cpp(62)
class DeviceItemsTask: locked Collecting Trip Recording upload data,wanted Scanning device
in .\framework\SimpleTask.cpp:62
Stack:
0. function errorAbortTask chrome://tthome/content/logic/ttTask.js:445
error(e);
1. function error chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:1109
else if (errorNonFatal)
2. chrome://tthome/content/ui/bindings/ttwizard.xml:520
},
3. unknown
4. chrome://tthome/content/ui/subtask/update/update.js:111
{
5. chrome://tthome/content/logic/util.js:77
return func.apply(obj, arguments);
6. chrome://tthome/content/logic/login.js:59
successCallback();
7. function validateNext chrome://tthome/content/logic/login.js:245
validationSuccessful();
8. chrome://tthome/content/logic/loginDeviceRel.js:90
acceptCallback();
9. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:424
this.successCallback(this.resultXML);
10. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:413
this._doneCallbacks();
11. chrome://tthome/content/logic/comm.js:273
this.request.onload = function() { me._done(true); }

Time: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 05:04:59 GMT. Other times during install it says "cannot create this file l:/ephem/packedephemeris.ee I am stuck. I cannot update my gpsfix. Any help would be great.

You can try:http://us.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bi...XJyb3IgZHVyaW5nIHBsYW5uaW5n&p_li=&p_topview=1 Then you could take a look here:http://us.support.tomtom.com/cgi-bi...p_search_text=Error+during+planning&x=16&y=10* Windows users only: This is an optional Microsoft update which can be downloaded here. While TomTom HOME is not dependent upon .NET Framework, this installation may repair other Windows components which HOME shares with the .NET installation. If you prefer, you can try to repair your Windows installation, however we recommend that you contact your computer manufacturer for instructions and to determine if this is an appropriate action for you.

I'm not sure if this is the case, but with Framework involved, it sounds like it might help.

Ask a Question