TomTom Home problems

I have been having a problem loading TomTom Home on my computer. I will get a runtime error with a message that the program needs to close. Does anyone know how to solve this problem so I can upload new maps. I can get the 2.3 version to run but will this let me allow new maps? Also when did version 7.10 North America come out and do I need to update the map to 8.15.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:
I have been having a problem loading TomTom Home on my computer. I will get a runtime error with a message that the program needs to close. Does anyone know how to solve this problem so I can upload new maps. I can get the 2.3 version to run but will this let me allow new maps? Also when did version 7.10 North America come out and do I need to update the map to 8.15.

Thanks for the help.
"Home" needs the Microsoft ".net" framework in which to operate. You'll need to be sure that you've got that on your machine first. Go to add/remove programs in Control Panel to see if it's there. If not, http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en will get it for you.

Ahh...TT Home problems...

A different Home problem here:

Home keeps finding a MapShare update for North America, and I can download and install it just fine according to Home, but at the bottom of the page it says at the same time that it displays this update for download that there are no new updates. Additionally, the update is still there and available to install again right after downloading/installing it via Home...

Kind of an annoyance...

Ray :)

To answer the second part of your question, 7.10 North America came out about a year ago. If you have the latest map guarantee and are in the 30 day window, you can/should get the map update.

Sidney

Actually, some with the same kind of error attemting to run Home did find they did not have dot .NET installed. Once they did, Home installed and ran perfectly. So, canderson's suggestion is not wrong.

What would XUL (an XML interface language developed by Mozilla, which has its own runtime environment - XULRunner) have anything to do with Microsoft's .NET? From a technical point of view it makes as much sense as saying that your car stopped having problems once you've purchased HD TV for your family. For some it could have coincided, but that's all it is: a coincidence.

...but that's all it is: a coincidence.
Didn't make any sense to me at first, either, but there have been far too many complaints about Home that were resolved by the installation of .net to ignore. One wonders if some support file, rather than the core of .net itself, is at the heart of it.

Didn't make any sense to me at first, either, but there have been far too many complaints about Home that were resolved by the installation of .net to ignore. One wonders if some support file, rather than the core of .net itself, is at the heart of it.

My guess is similar: that by going through Windows Update and installing something major like .NET, the system is forced to (re)register several DLLs, repair several parts of the registry etc - which all, in turn, improve the stability and functionality of the computer, hence TT's application behaving normally (as in TT's "normal" - I also use it on a Unix machine - OS X, in fact, and there are a lot of Javascript errors in the logs, each and every time I'm using it - errors that are not being logged in Windows, as the logging system there is less thorough).

Anyway: sloppy work, TomTom. But... what's new here?

Ask a Question