Problems with pre-installed voices on new GO Superior

Sorry to post here but I cannot find any other threads about this new device. I've just purchased a GO Superior 6" unit with which I'm really pleased but the only voices that seem to work are the male or female computer voices. I can select "Jane" who I normally use but nothing happens except that I get a male computer voice. Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug?

Your device is one of the most recent, and this thread would logically belong here >> https://www.tomtomforums.com/forums/firmware-and-device-configuration.157/ My bad! We need to add the prefixes B33 and B43 to our list!
I'll move it shortly.

I'm trying to sort out where you are. You registered in the UK, but posted from France. Based upon the voices you are asking about, I'll address it as a UK question.

I have an identical problem here that has yet to be resolved. When I select "Bonnie" (a recorded American English voice), I get a UK male voice. Here's what I've posted in my bug report to TomTom (DPND-12750). I'll add yours to it.

"...Bonnie (U.S. recorded voice) is still taking testosterone treatments and putting on a posh British voice."

Sorry, yes, I do now live in France but I've been on the forums as a lurker since my original TT back in the UK over 15 years ago! So, I use the device as a native English speaker. (Well, Scots, if I'm being pedantic!)

Be as pedantic as you like. The Scots are the only ones who still pronounce English more or less the way it's spelled!

Will let you know if my ticket gets any response.

We Welsh people also pronounce English better than the Scots, when I am with my Scottish Sister in Law and her family, I have to use Google Translate Lol.

Ask a Question