Problem with Use Night Colors

I have the TomTom One New Edition V4 and the use night colors feature is not working correctly. When I select "use night colors" it changes to night color (for less than a second) and then immediately goes back to day colors. Any ideas on what's causing this or how to fix it?

I deleted the voices --not the ones in my head :) --the third party voices from my TT1NE. Unfortunately it did not help. What's next?

No that should be a problem.
I would think a problem would be like tripmaster or suntime.

I know that the clear flash tooldoesnt work on the ONE.
Try contacting TT Support to see if they can help you out.

I did try the soft reset (the button on the bottom) and this did nothing.

Is there a way to delete all software from the unit and start over with a fresh install (provided CD)?:confused:

I had the same problem recently with my ONE. It turns out that while I was docked I selected the option "Link night view to headlights" in the Docked Preferences section of Preferences. Once I unchecked that box I was able to use the night view again. Hopefully this will help.

Jamesmonkey--you were spot-on right!!

For all other TT1 users having this problem, do this:

Connect your TT1 to the computer, When TomTom Home comes up, look on the left side under Options and More...Click on My One.

Next you will need to click on the "On Switch"
Tap anywhere on the map,
Tap on Change Preferences,
Tap on the grey triangle (more options) two times,
You should now see Docking Preferences (this is greyed out when not connected to the computer...and the reason I couldn't figure it out).
Tap on Docking Preferences,
and finally UNCHECK "Link night view to headlights".

Once again, thanks to Jamesmonkey (You Da Man!!)

Alex

Jamesmonkey--you were spot-on right!!

For all other TT1 users having this problem, do this:

Connect your TT1 to the computer, When TomTom Home comes up, look on the left side under Options and More...Click on My One.

Next you will need to click on the "On Switch"
Tap anywhere on the map,
Tap on Change Preferences,
Tap on the grey triangle (more options) two times,
You should now see Docking Preferences (this is greyed out when not connected to the computer...and the reason I couldn't figure it out).
Tap on Docking Preferences,
and finally UNCHECK "Link night view to headlights".

Once again, thanks to Jamesmonkey (You Da Man!!)

Alex

That is interesting because even in using VTT the docking preferences is grayed out i.e. not selectable for me.

Digital Flex - - The only difference I can see between your TT1 and mine is...you are running v2 and I am runnning v4.

Docking preferences may not have been available with v2???

Alex

A good find, Jamesmonkey. I've given you a reputation point for it and would encourage others to do same.

The .pdf manual, recently downloaded so probably as current as it gets, makes no mention of the Docking Preferences. Now that I've looked at them through TomTom HOME I can't understand how either of them could work. They are "Link night view to headlights" and "Instructions mute car radio." Since the TomTom is connected to neither the headlights nor the radio, how is it that it manages to do these things?

Is the docking preference located when the unit is not connected to home?
I noticed with vitual tomtom, my ONE v2 does have options is should like handsfree. I ignored them because I also connect my 910 to it.

Therefore I ask if the v4 has the docking preference or is it just available with virtual tomtom.

Glad you got it worked out.

Is the docking preference located when the unit is not connected to home?
I noticed with vitual tomtom, my ONE v2 does have options is should like handsfree. I ignored them because I also connect my 910 to it.

Therefore I ask if the v4 has the docking preference or is it just available with virtual tomtom.

Glad you got it worked out.
It's there on the real Tomtom but greyed out.

Ask a Question