Problem with Tomtom home

Hi everyone.

I have just downloaded the Tomtom Home program on to my computer but am having the problem of apparently connecting the internet.

Even though I know for a fact that I am connected it says I?m not. I have tried turning off my firewall and have even turned off my anti-virus but it did not help.

I am have downloaded Tomtom home 2 version 2.1 from the official tomtom website and the sat nav I have is Tomtom One V3

Has anyone else had the same problem and if so how did they resolve it.

Thanks in advance

The actual device does connect to the computer but does not appear to connect to the internet.

I've just had this responce from Tomtom. None of them have helped!

Thank you for contacting TomTom Customer Support.

Make sure the device is fully charged before connecting it to the computer or ideally also connect the power cable to the device / home.

? Reset the device using a paper clip (see http://www.tomtom.com/6965). When resetting, keep the reset button pushed in for at least 20 seconds, but DO NOT turn the device back on until it is connected to the computer.
? Try different USB ports (preferably ones which are on the back of the computer)
? Make sure that you have got Administrator rights on the PC. Otherwise you may not be allowed to connect new hardware (especially the case when using office computers)
? If the device is NOT listed as a 'Removable drive' under 'My Computer', try the following:
? Go to 'Start' and right-click on 'My Computer' and select 'Properties'
? Select the 'Hardware' tab
? Expand 'Disk drives'. If the TomTom device is shown there with a red cross, right-click on it and select 'Enable'
? Check under 'My Computer' if the device does now show up as a 'Removable drive'
? If it still does not show up as a removable drive please run the registry cleaner attached to this incident. The file can be downloaded from 'My Questions History' in your 'My TomTom account'.
? When running this program, a window will open for only 1 second, removing the USB registry entries of the TomTom device from the computer.
? Next time the device is connected, the computer should display the message 'New Hardware found'

It is likely that you have a Firewall on your PC, in some cases, Firewalls can prevent USB devices from being recognized by the PC. We suggest configuring your Firewall and security settings to allow all USB devices to connect to your PC. Once you have done this, we suggest trying the steps above again.

We also suggest it is a good idea to try to connect your TomTom to another PC to see if you get the same problem.

With Best Regards

The TomTom Customer Support Team

Ask a Question