Price drop

TomTom Model(s)
920T
Hi,
This is probably old news, but the 920T prices have dropped to $499.00. I just bought mine at Best Buy last Saturday for $649.00. :mad: I'm pretty sure they have a price guarantee for at least 30 days.
Just wanted to let any recent buyers know.

Nelson

I brought my receipt to Best Buy and they refunded the difference. No problem at all.

Nelson

TomTom GO 920T Portable GPS $299.99, TomTom GO 9

Vi techbargains (www.techbargains.com):

TomTom GO 920T Portable GPS (Voice Recognition, Traffic Updates) $299.99, TomTom GO 920 $269.99, Apr. 10 9 AM

Dell Home has the TomTom GO 920T Portable GPS Navigation System, featuring a 4.3" touchscreen LCD, voice recognition (accepts verbal commands), 4GB internal storage, pre-loaded Tele Atlas maps (including Europe) w/ 4 million POI, bluetooth for hands-free calling, MP3 player, traffic receiver, FM transmitter, and Text To Speech, for a low $299.99. Free Shipping. Tax in most states.

After the jump, click on "DELL" $499.99 price to get to the $299.99 page to buy it.

TomTom GO 920 (NON-T), has all the features as the 920T except traffic receiver, $269.99.
(after the jump, click on Dell's price link of $449.99 to see the true price)

Yep, smoking indeed - I just ordered one and was about to reply to this thread to share the news on the good deal. I had ordered a One XL.S for $249 two weeks ago from Dell and while I love the XL.S, I can't pass up getting the 920 for just $20 more, so the XL.S is going back and I'll have a 920 on the way shortly. Woo hoo! :D

The other shoe...

Normally, price drops such as these indicate retailers unloading current stock to make room for new models soon to be released.

Methinks I spy the GO 930T on the horizon. :)

Kind regards,

Stephen Blair
Milwaukie, OR

Normally, price drops such as these indicate retailers unloading current stock to make room for new models soon to be released.

Kind regards,

Stephen Blair
Milwaukie, OR

No doubt that's the case, but the 930T will certainly debut at a much higher price than these discounted prices for the 920/920T.

For those of you that took advantage of the Dell deal 3 weeks ago when they dropped the 920 down to $359, you can call dell and get a price adjustment since it's now out there for $269.

I had to talk to several people and ended up having to ask to for an RMA number to return the unit...with it clear to them that I would turn around and order one at the lower price. They finally offered to make a price adjustment...about 70% of the difference.

Not too bad for an hours work....but I gotta agree...$269 is smoking for a 920!

Kind regards,

Stephen Blair
Milwaukie, OR

I am sure that the 930 will be out shortly. Already released in Europe and rumours of seeded loaner copies in the US abound.

For those of you that took advantage of the Dell deal 3 weeks ago when they dropped the 920 down to $359, you can call dell and get a price adjustment since it's now out there for $269.

I had to talk to several people and ended up having to ask to for an RMA number to return the unit...with it clear to them that I would turn around and order one at the lower price. They finally offered to make a price adjustment...about 70% of the difference.

Not too bad for an hours work....but I gotta agree...$269 is smoking for a 920!

I have to agree this is the best deal! The 930 and 920 are identical hardware wise but for the case color. With the latest map guarantee, if still available, you could also get the next v7 update in June then get the v8 software and buy the v8 map in September when the MapShare significant updates (those requiring design changes not available thru MapShare regular updates) should have been implemented and IQ routing be somewhat better with additional data. Who cares if your case is not piano black? You would have full 930 functionality and the most up-to-date maps with all the features for 369$!

Last edited:
I managed to order a 920 for $270 before they disappeared from Dell's site (for the extra $30 I would have gotten another 920T if they were still available). I just got a note from Dell yesterday (my estimated ship date) telling me that my estimated ship date has been pushed back 1 week. Has anyone who bought under this offer received their product yet, or even a notice of shipment?

I managed to order a 920 for $270 before they disappeared from Dell's site (for the extra $30 I would have gotten another 920T if they were still available). I just got a note from Dell yesterday (my estimated ship date) telling me that my estimated ship date has been pushed back 1 week. Has anyone who bought under this offer received their product yet, or even a notice of shipment?

I've received mine. I ordered it on the 10th and reveived it Monday, the 14th. Hopefully you'll get yours soon. Dell tends to beat their estimates...

I've received mine. I ordered it on the 10th and reveived it Monday, the 14th. Hopefully you'll get yours soon. Dell tends to beat their estimates...

Well, on 4/8 I just ordered one at Costco.com for $349 which was the best price I saw out there. I tried looking at the Dell site and can't even find the 902 or 920T anymore.....they must have removed it completely from their website. Has anyone else had this problem?

I just got a note from Dell yesterday (my estimated ship date) telling me that my estimated ship date has been pushed back 1 week. Has anyone who bought under this offer received their product yet, or even a notice of shipment?

I've always received Dell shipments earlier than thay have said in their emails. Dont be supprised if you get another email soon that says it's been shipped.

Well, on 4/8 I just ordered one at Costco.com for $349 which was the best price I saw out there. I tried looking at the Dell site and can't even find the 902 or 920T anymore.....they must have removed it completely from their website. Has anyone else had this problem?

Yes, once Dell dropped their price, they sold out pretty quickly. They're not shown on the website anymore because they're gone.

Ask a Question