point a to point b

Rev

New to the forums here, just got my TT1 gen 3, first real gps unit.
My question is, I can plan a trip from point A to point B, Can I plan a trip from point A to point B and then to point C all at one time ? Or do I have to take the trip from A to B and then select a trip from point B to point C,

Your unit, as is, cannot do a 3 point routing. This is what's called an itinerary, and it has been stripped out of the One 3rd Edition.

But the capability is really there, and you can access it by creating a custom menu. Search the forum for more info on this. It's been discussed a lot.

Ah, here's a link on another site:

http://www.gpsreview.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15797

Navigate To...

New to the forums here, just got my TT1 gen 3, first real gps unit.
My question is, I can plan a trip from point A to point B, Can I plan a trip from point A to point B and then to point C all at one time ? Or do I have to take the trip from A to B and then select a trip from point B to point C,

The One 3rd ed. is the only TomTom that does not offer itinerary planning, which is the feature you describe. There is a work around for this by saving each of your points as a favorite. Use the plan a route option on page 2 of the main menu. the unit first asks for the starting point, which you enter as afavorite, the destination is then entered as a favorite (one of your "points"). this is a round about way of itinerary planning but uses "hops" instead of a single route. Hope that this helps. You might find the guided tour feature helpful for this and other functions of the TomTom. One of the posters gives you an interesting way around the problem but creates a warranty issue since you are altering the software, and likely voiding the warranty .:D

Last edited:
One of the posters gives you an interesting way around the problem but creates a warranty issue since you are altering the software, and likely voiding the warranty

I do not believe that adding a custom menu (or a 3rd party app like Tripmaster) will void the warranty. No one has ever expressed these fears before. You are altering nothing on the TomTom software when you add this.
And we all do backups before adding things anyway.;)

The One 3rd ed. is the only TomTom that does not offer itinerary planning, which is the feature you describe. There is a work around for this by saving each of your points as a favorite. Use the plan a route option on page 2 of the main menu. the unit first asks for the starting point, which you enter as a favorite, the destination is then entered as a favorite (one of your "points"). This is a round about way of itinerary planning but uses "hops" instead of a single route. <snip>.:D
Yep, I use this way on my V3 and it works very well. You don't even have to have the point saved as a 'favorite'... just have it as a 'recent destination' and it will work. First I have my V3 plan a route - if it's not going via my itinerary (or hop), I tap 'find alternative' then tap 'travel via...', then tap 'recent destination' and tap my intended itinerary or hop and it reroutes my trip taking me thru that hop.

HTH

Ask a Question