POI Question

I am a new member, First post. I have downloaded the poi zip file for Harley
Davidson and I see that the Harley location nearsest to me has the wrong address because they moved after the zip file was created. Is there a way to
correct this? I am using a TomTom One LE, app. 7.161, Map v710.
p.s. This forum has been a great help.

I've owned my One XL for 2 weeks now so I had all the same questions you do.

Yes you can edit it.
Forgive me if your menus aren't exactly the same as mine. If it's a vendor provided POI, police stations, restaurants, etc, you edit them through Map Corrections on menu page 2 of 3.
If it's a third party POI like your Harley download or a category that you created, you edit it the following way:
Menu, Preferences, next page, Manage POIs (preferences page 2 of 7)

Here you can create new categories of your own, edit existing POIs etc.

If you only have 2 menu pages and only 3 preference pages, you need to click Show ALL Menu Options on prefences page 3 of 3.

Poi

Peragimus. Thanks for the info. I see where you are taking me, but won't editing only change the address and not the actual mapping.

I have just started editing some of my files. I am using POIEdit. Seems to be working great so far. You can go to the menu you were on an instead of editing it just make a new one using the correct new address then delete the old one.
I would help you out if you can get me the file and new address.

Poi

Wolverine, I am able to add the POI with the new address but when I click on it,
it still shows the map and address for the old location. Before I clicked on the POI, it does show the new address. Will the map ever change to show the new location. Thanks for the help.

If it was entered by address, it will be put were the unit thinks that address is. I have the same troble with several Dunkin Donuts. They have to be move manually. If you post the file & a screen shot of were it should be on the map I will try to move it for you.
Or you can use POIEdit to edit the file and move the location of the icon on the map.

Poi

Wolverine, which file would I need to edit and how would I move the location of the icon on the map? Thanks.

Sorry, misunderstood you in regards to moving a dealership.
You can add a new dealership by typing an address or setting a point on the map. BUT if the dealership already exists and moved locations or is at the incorrect location on the map you fix it by setting a point on the map, not by entering an address.
Here's how I fixed a mis-located gas station.
Menu-Next Page-Map Corrections
Correct a map error
Edit POI
POI near you
Gas Station
[Select the correct Gas Station]
Select
Check-Move the POI on the map
Done

Then I put the POI at the correct location on the map and clicked Done.

If you'd prefer you can also make changes through:
Menu-Next Page-Map Corrections
Correct a map error
Report other error....

Through this you can change acouple other particulars and also submit a text message maybe "correct address but wrong location on map"

Using POIEdit.
If you added the new POI for the new address & it is at the wrong point on the map & you added to the 3rd party POI for Harley.
Then open the ov2 file for harley with POIEdit. Find the one you just added (list is on your right. Change the map on the left to google maps.
Now change the Degrees in the top right corner. You will only need to change the last number of each unless the distance is far.
ie.. 21 23' 3" 157 53' 53"
The seconds (") goes from 0 to 59, if more then that you will have to change the minutes. Then save the file .
Hope this helps.
I was unable in the 1LE to find any way to move a location for the custom POI's just the TomTom preinstalled ones.

Ask a Question