POI errors Ireland & UK

TomTom Model(s)
GO720
I have recently updated to latest UK & Ireland Maps v825.2157 with all new POIs.
Since this upgrade there are thousands upon thousands of mistakes with POIs everywhere..
on every road there are shops that dont exist, there are garages in the middle of roundabouts. there are garages & restaurants & companys all along motorways.
I have spoke to numerous people who are having the same problems so the fault is not with my device as has been suggested by telephone support staff. I have defaulted my device as requested by same support staff to ensure this.
Telephone support staff could offer no solution except to turn off displaying POIs & do not use mapshare.. The sole reason who I choose a Tomtom device was for the Mapshare feature.
The list of errors is endless...

Being a UK&ROI map you have installed/ updated to I assume you are resident in the UK?

If so ditch the supplied POI files and consider some from a more reputable source there are plenty available, what categories are you looking for as your device can accomodate at least 100 custom POI categories, perhaps more depending on the the actual device, if its a 520, 530 or 540 then it can accept 169 custom POI categories, each custom POI category can contain thousands of individual locations - Mike

The Device is a GO720..
I know I could load other POIs . But I bought the device for the MapShare technology

Ask a Question