POI Category Question

I got a TomTom One Third edition for Christmas. I am trying to add a poi category to the tomtom which I can use to add POI's through the tomtom. If I create a .ov2 fill it will show up in my search, but will not show up, when I click add POI. The manual says I can click on SHOW ALL MENU OPTIONS which will provide me with this option, but as far as I can tell it does not exist. To add a POI I go to map corrections -> correct a map error -> add missing POI which is where I get the default categories, none of the database categories I have added. It would been nice to add categories like "Friends" so I can keep all their addresses in one place. Any suggestions other than creating a .ov2 and editing it each time, or putting the POI's into any of the default category.

I got a TomTom One Third edition for Christmas. I am trying to add a poi category to the tomtom which I can use to add POI's through the tomtom. If I create a .ov2 fill it will show up in my search, but will not show up, when I click add POI. The manual says I can click on SHOW ALL MENU OPTIONS which will provide me with this option, but as far as I can tell it does not exist. To add a POI I go to map corrections -> correct a map error -> add missing POI which is where I get the default categories, none of the database categories I have added. It would been nice to add categories like "Friends" so I can keep all their addresses in one place. Any suggestions other than creating a .ov2 and editing it each time, or putting the POI's into any of the default category.

The SHOW ALL MENU OPTIONS icon does NOT exist on the TomTom 3rd Edition...I have no idea why. THUS, you cannot go into the Manage POI icon because it doesn't exist,either.

You can perform a simple creation of a custom menu that does have this icon (among others). Please read my instructions in the link below (to make it simple, I even include a custom menu I created for the 3rd edition that you can simply use):

>>> Creating a Custom Menu <<<

Please note: you will lose the ability to use a few of the other items...such as MAP CORRECTIONS, HELP ME, and ITINERARY PLANNING if you use this custom menu.....there is currently no way around this.

Thank you

Thanks for the information and the guide. It seems like it will not be that hard to make the changes.

Ask a Question