models with "add poi category"

I am trying to find which TT models have the "add poi category". I have checked all the spec and comparison charts, with no luck. The store displays never work and this is a must have feature for me.

thanks for any help.

Bruce

I thought that all Tomtom models (except the newest 1000) support custom POI's - maybe I am so behind in time because even my antic Go 510 can do that.
Go to a store like Best Buy and play with one - menu:
Change Preferences/Manage POI/Add POI Category.

I am trying to find which TT models have the "add poi category". I have checked all the spec and comparison charts, with no luck. The store displays never work and this is a must have feature for me.

thanks for any help.

Bruce

Look at the "custom POI support" row on this reference file.

I understand that most TT's have the custom poi feature. I am looking for the TT's that have the "add poi category" button built into the gps. I have one on my garmin and it will let me create categories to help organize my poi's. I travel a lot and have a lot of poi's catagorized by state, city, etc.
I have seen TT unit screens displayed on the internet that show this button on certain units. All the TT units I have purchased just lump all the favorites into one screen without a button to create a category to help organize them.

I hope I have explained this properly and thanks again for your time.

Bruce

All Tomtom's have favorites. Favorites don't have categories. The ones with "custom POI" have a POI function on a separate screen.

If the model has custom POI, then it will permit POI categories. You probably were looking on the wrong screen. Under preferences, you go to "manage POI". There you can add POI categories.

The 350/550 models (and some 335 models) originally shipped without the custom POI feature, but recent software updates have returned the feature back. So store demo models may not include that feature, even though you could do a free software update to add it back in.

Ask a Question