Adding a new POI Category & Safety Cameras ?

TomTom Model(s)
One v3 Iberia(deleted) with NV8.30 + Brazil Map 8.15 + MacBook
After some time trying to improve the usage of my TomTom I realized that as well as the Safety Cameras that I report and never became visible in my Map, the POI's category seems to be locked.

So, when I try to add a new POI it shows only some certain pre-configured categories of POIs.

Is there a way to create and add a new categories of POIs that let me add items on the go using the map correction function ?

And how can I turn visible the safety cameras that I report on the GPS ?

After some time trying to improve the usage of my TomTom I realized that as well as the Safety Cameras that I report and never became visible in my Map, the POI's category seems to be locked.

So, when I try to add a new POI it shows only some certain pre-configured categories of POIs.

Is there a way to create and add a new categories of POIs that let me add items on the go using the map correction function ?

And how can I turn visible the safety cameras that I report on the GPS ?

Great questions... I would like the answers myself. In other threads, it's been said that alerting people of safety cameras is illegal in the USA. I don't bother reporting them any more.

Great questions... I would like the answers myself. In other threads, it's been said that alerting people of safety cameras is illegal in the USA. I don't bother reporting them any more.

The Arizona Republic (our local paper) has posted a free POI file of all the speed cameras in Maricopa County. The link below will start TomTom home and give you the option to install the file. I did it and it worked flawlesly. I now have selected the Speed Cameras to display on my maps.

Click here. It should start TomTom home if it's not already running.

The Arizona Republic (our local paper) has posted a free POI file of all the speed cameras in Maricopa County. The link below will start TomTom home and give you the option to install the file. I did it and it worked flawlesly. I now have selected the Speed Cameras to display on my maps.

Click here. It should start TomTom home if it's not already running.

Excellent post! Thank you for sharing this info. I will download now. Now let's just hope that the promised voter referendum will get rid of all those cameras in our area. Repped

Excellent post! Thank you for sharing this info. I will download now. Now let's just hope that the promised voter referendum will get rid of all those cameras in our area. Repped
I don't mind the cameras since I never over do it. I just set the cruise control at 8 or 9 mph above the posted speed limit and mind my own business. Remember though, this POI file is several months old and cameras have been added since. Here's a link to the newest cameras.

Ask a Question