Add location to a stock POI category

My local Post Office does not show as a viable location in the "Post Office" POI category that came preloaded on my TomTom. I thought for sure there would be an easy way to add this location but unless I'm missing...it doesn't look like it can be done. I searched the TomTom forums and found the following which is a similar discussion.

https://www.tomtomforums.com/tomtom-tweak-discussion/1214-adding-pois-existing-poi-categories-2.html

Someone in there says that this can be done via MapShare. Has MapShare change so that now you cannot modify POIs? I ask because when I go to MapShare I can only change attributes of the road (i.e. block/unblock roads, change road names, etc) but there isn't an option to change/fix a POI. Was that functionallity stripped out?

Bottom line is if anyone has an answer on how to change the stock POIs that come with the TomTom I'd be obliged.

Don't know what unit you own (you didn't say), but mine have always had the ability to resolve POI issues with "Correct a Map Error". Sounds like you're there, but ...

Should be

Main screen
R arrow
Map corrections
Correct a map error
R arrow again
Add missing POI, and
Edit POI

Sure there isn't a 2nd page of menu (R arrow) waiting for you out there?

The "Map corrections" or "Correct a location" section keeps moving about in the menus...

I even have one model where it doesn't appear in the main or settings menu at all!

If you have a very new model, it MIGHT only be accessible from the "View map" screen.
In that case, you tap the screen to get the large blue flag with the address in, then tap the arrow at the end of it.
That takes you to a menu page where the "Correct location" item has magically reappeared. once in that section, go forward arrow to the second page and you'll find "Add missing POI" and "Edit (existing) POI".

I have the 540tm and did see the option on the device to correct a map error. However when selecting that option and going to the POIs it would only allow me to correct POIs that I manually added to the device. Stock POIs that came on the device were not an option.

Mapshare corrections to pois are for the built in ones I think while Manage pois-->corrections are for the custom ones.

At least on some models.

Mapshare corrections to pois are for the built in ones I think while Manage pois-->corrections are for the custom ones.

At least on some models.
Correct that the manage POI only brings up a list of the custom POIs. I can't find on mapshare however where I can alter the built in POIs. The only options I see are to correct issues with the map/road.

Don't know what unit you own (you didn't say), but mine have always had the ability to resolve POI issues with "Correct a Map Error". Sounds like you're there, but ...

Should be

Main screen
R arrow
Map corrections
Correct a map error
R arrow again
Add missing POI, and
Edit POI

Sure there isn't a 2nd page of menu (R arrow) waiting for you out there?
I read thru this thread again to make sure I hadn't missed anything and sure enough I did. The info you gave above a child could follow and somehow I still missed it. In any case this worked. Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

Ask a Question