PLUS traffic is broken

I'm getting really impatient, and I'm seriously considering switching over to the 740. I rely on my tomtom for traffic information that works, which is why I pay for it. 2 questions, is the 740's traffic working (I Vaguely remember seeing something somewhere about that) and #2 is there any reason why I shouldn't switch over?

What ticks me off is even having to consider this when the 730 I have is less than 6mths old and is still sold by TT on their site

What ticks me off is even having to consider this when the 730 I have is less than 6mths old and is still sold by TT on their site

I agree however thankfully my TT730 is almost a year old... but still doesnt make it right. I'm giving them til Thursday. Maybe I'll pay the restocking fee if I don't like it, but knowing me I'll keep it and sell my 730

Their new lineup should be released in October - I'm hoping to hold out for that long.

I got the 730 free, so I'm not in the market for a new GPS anytime soon. So, I'm hoping this issue is resolved soon.

I did get an actual alert this morning, though. :) Just the incident, not the flow.

The cheap ebay ones are the old round socket ones. model 9V00.180.

So they work fine on a 720? Do I have to disable PLUS data access on the Tomtom for the RDS to work?

You should not have to disable. I had both working at one point (until the receiver subscription expired). I generally only had to plug it in. I do not use my receiver anymore, as i am not in a good area for it.

Guys, I'm about to loose it! I just received the following response from TomTom Support after I requested an update on the status of things.

Dear Andreas,

Thank you for your response. We are still experiencing issues with Traffic. While a subscription extension is anticipated, it is not guaranteed. We are still looking into this, and we appreciate your patience.

With Kind Regards,

Courtney

So now they're telling me that they might extend the service I pay for but haven't received for the past three weeks, if they feel like it. What the hell... :mad:

This is just ridiculous. Get your act together TomTom!

MVL, did you check the price of re-activating the subscription vs. buying a cable that already includes it? At least you'd have a traffic cable with subscription to sell once Plus is back up. Just a thought.

MVL, did you check the price of re-activating the subscription vs. buying a cable that already includes it? At least you'd have a traffic cable with subscription to sell once Plus is back up. Just a thought.

I'm expecting that I can talk Tomtom support into giving me a 1 month subscription for free on the receiver. My suspicion is that the software isn't programmed sophisticatedly enough, and the receiver will work for free for the length of my PLUS subscription.

Again, I don't know if it's worth all this hassle. Tomtom seems to finally understand that there is a problem, so I hope a fix is coming sooner rather than later.

Just got one from an eBay seller for $14.20 with free shipping for my GO630. The RDS-TMC connector is the rca plug type. Plugged it in and it acquired the radio station in about 3 minutes and it's been working fine. As far as I can see you may not need a subscription after 1 year since the subscription file that's installed has a line in it - expiration date Wed, 07 Sep 2044 15:31:11 GMT and last connect date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:51:18 GMT. I did buy one last Dec from BestBuy and it had the USB connection which was a pain to use since it requires the use of the power cord in a daisy chain fashion, I returned it for a refund.

HTH,

Well this changes things a bit, I wasn't aware that you could use the RDS-TMC + PLUS at the same time... I'm going to just reactivate my RDS-TMC Subscription then instead of buying a 740... save myself $300 bucks, plus it's good to have a back up since PLUS traffic doesn't seem to update if I'm on a call.

Just got one from an eBay seller for $14.20 with free shipping for my GO630. The RDS-TMC connector is the rca plug type. Plugged it in and it acquired the radio station in about 3 minutes and it's been working fine. As far as I can see you may not need a subscription after 1 year since the subscription file that's installed has a line in it - expiration date Wed, 07 Sep 2044 15:31:11 GMT and last connect date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 17:51:18 GMT. I did buy one last Dec from BestBuy and it had the USB connection which was a pain to use since it requires the use of the power cord in a daisy chain fashion, I returned it for a refund.

HTH,

Do you happen to remember what ebay store you used?

plus service traffic

todays email from support is as follows

We do not have an estimated timeframe for when this issue is resolved. We will extend the service of customers to compensate them for the outage once it has been. We appreciate your patience while we work to correct this issue.

So be it but they can count on me to email them every day to show my annoyance. Hope everybody in this forum does the same.

Ask a Question