Cebit and Plus traffic

TomTom Model(s)
2535M Live
This has two parts, first

Rumor has it and I mean rumor that Tomtom will at the CeBit trade show announce the future units coming in the second quarter. Does anyone want to continue this rumor.

Secondly, has anyone knoticed that plus traffic got incrediably good today with extremely short changes in traffic conditions sent to my 920. It seemed to me even though I have no live experience with traffic that my plus service traffic might be live or almost live.. I live on long island NY.

Rumor has it and I mean rumor that Tomtom will at the CeBit trade show announce the future units coming in the second quarter. Does anyone want to continue this rumor.

Tomtom has announced most major model releases at the beginning of the 2nd and 4th quarter of each year. They announced new models for 2nd quarter in their numerous CES press releases, so it appears this will continue.

Lately they've tried to use trade shows to get lots of buzz for the announcements. So it makes sense that CeBit is a good opportunity for an announcement.

Secondly, has anyone knoticed that plus traffic got incrediably good today with extremely short changes in traffic conditions sent to my 920. It seemed to me even though I have no live experience with traffic that my plus service traffic might be live or almost live.. I live on long island NY.

I lost PLUS traffic a few weeks ago so I can't help with this one. With RDS-TMC traffic, the updates come about every 5 seconds, PLUS they came every 5 minutes. But the PLUS info was "newer" when in came in, than the RDS-TMC info is.

The big difference in LIVE traffic is coverage. Check routes.tomtom.com, which matches LIVE traffic (other than maybe 1-min depending on server lag). If your traffic reports match routes.tomtom.com, then that means PLUS traffic got upgraded to LIVE traffic, which would be big if it happened.

Tomtom has announced most major model releases at the beginning of the 2nd and 4th quarter of each year. They announced new models for 2nd quarter in their numerous CES press releases, so it appears this will continue.

Lately they've tried to use trade shows to get lots of buzz for the announcements. So it makes sense that CeBit is a good opportunity for an announcement.

I lost PLUS traffic a few weeks ago so I can't help with this one. With RDS-TMC traffic, the updates come about every 5 seconds, PLUS they came every 5 minutes. But the PLUS info was "newer" when in came in, than the RDS-TMC info is.

The big difference in LIVE traffic is coverage. Check routes.tomtom.com, which matches LIVE traffic (other than maybe 1-min depending on server lag). If your traffic reports match routes.tomtom.com, then that means PLUS traffic got upgraded to LIVE traffic, which would be big if it happened.

Thanks for your imput

Ask a Question