differences between RDS-TMC traffic and PLus traffic

Does anyone know if the RDS-TMC receiver is as limited as TT states on their site? I seem to remember similar limitations listed for Plus traffic, using bluetooth on the phone, but it does cover the areas I need, which were never included in TT's list.

If I can't get the downgrade to 8.302 to work for my 720, I was considering getting the RDS-TMC cable and use that for traffic, but only if it would cover places other than what's on their list.

When I search the site today, it looks like there's only one way to subscribe, which is the one I already use for Plus, using bluetooth on the phone.

Does anyone know if the RDS-TMC receiver is as limited as TT states on their site? I seem to remember similar limitations listed for Plus traffic, using bluetooth on the phone, but it does cover the areas I need, which were never included in TT's list.

If I can't get the downgrade to 8.302 to work for my 720, I was considering getting the RDS-TMC cable and use that for traffic, but only if it would cover places other than what's on their list.

When I search the site today, it looks like there's only one way to subscribe, which is the one I already use for Plus, using bluetooth on the phone.

Using bluetooth is the way to go. RDS depends on if you can receive the FM station that the information is being broadcasted on. for example on the NJ Turnpike from exit 18W to about 6 or 5 no problems, from around 5 to the end, most of DE and the north part of 95 till about 30 mi outside of Baltimore constant search. Using Live and or plus on BT is more constant. I have used my 920T this way even covering Baltimore to Lousiville KY no issues, as long as i got a cell . I am however wanting to upgrade at this point to a 740 but I am waiting to see if there will be a 940.

Ask a Question