Please help me use RDS-TMC receiver

Hi,

Just purchased tomtom xp iq routes with TMC receiver yesterday. The GPS itself works without problems but when I attach the RDS/TMC receiver it freexes after approximately 20 seconds and then reboots after another 20-30 seconds. Then it starts all over again.

When it starts it says it receives the information and I can see in the status that it searches for stations carrying the signal. However, before it finds any it always freezes the tomtom. I have put the antenna with the RDS-TMC receiver outside of the car fully stretched out to be certain. I am powering it via the power outlet in the car.

What is the magic trick I need to get this working? I assume there is something fundamentally wrong with the way I use it. The manual is terrible with no help inside. The tomtom itself works perfectly (or so it seems) when the receiver is not attached.

Thanks for your help. Living in Munich it would be nice to get the traffic-part working :)

Best
Troels

Try a reset on the unit.
Also, make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of the unit's contents.

What type of car do you use this RDS receiver in and do you know if its got Athermic glass for the windscreen? - Mike

Ask a Question